10 hours ago, airernie said:

Other than Ciro's site, https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/ the other best option might be the Internet Archive.  I think Jon passed copies of all the materials I scanned onto them.

Yep, the IA has them - but they're not organized in the least bit.  That was one of the drivers for me keeping your old site online, to keep the formatting/organization.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Albert said:

Do you guys want me to host this stuff on AtariAge?  We could organize it and make it available off ti99.atariage.com or something along those lines. 

..Al

I can zip up the site and give it to you... I don't mind keeping it on my site, and the more copies laying around, the safer it is :)

I originally was going to not host it BITD because of bandwidth issues, but those are moot since I'm nowhere near my bandwidth nor storage limits anymore.... they've increased them several times since I started with them in 1998.  I just looked at the metrics, and the site is still getting about ~4GB+ of traffic a month, which is pretty awesome.  So, I don't plan on moving it anytime soon.  The web hosting company must love me since I've been with them 24 years :)  

Edit:  if you want the zip file - it's at http : // www . hexbus . com / tibooks . zip  (prevent bots from getting this).

@Tursi - you don't need to keep it if you don't want to.

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 10.34.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 10.36.02 AM.png

• Like 3

On 11/11/2022 at 3:45 PM, Tursi said:

I left my book archive clone up at https://harmlesslion.com/tibooks cause you guys asked me to. Dunno if that's obsolete now but there's little point keeping it if it's not being used.

At the Chicago faire this year, one of the guys was looking for books and I tried to send him to Acadiel's site.  He ended up on your site, which was obviously ok as they are mirrors.  Like Acadiel says more is better!    I told him to look around at your site because he's interested in programming and could get an idea of the possibilities.  He was pretty new to the ti and pretty young and he stayed for the whole thing, so I'm glad that there are great sites like yours to keep their attention.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DuaneAL said:

At the Chicago faire this year, one of the guys was looking for books and I tried to send him to Acadiel's site.  He ended up on your site, which was obviously ok as they are mirrors.  Like Acadiel says more is better!    I told him to look around at your site because he's interested in programming and could get an idea of the possibilities.  He was pretty new to the ti and pretty young and he stayed for the whole thing, so I'm glad that there are great sites like yours to keep their attention.

I’m surprised at the use that it still gets after all these years… almost like the entire archive is downloaded at least twice every month.

I’m just so glad that my web host fixed the issue and that I don’t have to worry about traffic/space anymore.  However, that does bring attention to me needing to update hexbus.com - it’s still an old iWeb page and I’ll have to find the source and try to figure out how to put it in a Rapidweaver theme or something.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, @DuaneAL

great, I think they are very rare and haven´t been scanned yet ?

If you have a scanner, just scan them in a good quality (600 dpi or more) to JPEG or PDF.

OCR can be done later, but a high dpi will important for that.

Otherwise ask for buddies here around to scan them for you,

I think this won´t be a problem, somebuddy will be next around you... 😀

If you have problems with converting to PDF or OCR,

just share the scans here, so so this will happen 😀

I am interested in the ISBN, the publishing year, and the number of pages each.

thanks

xXx

14 hours ago, DuaneAL said:

Here is a picture of the cover of volume 116695149183021121619954230791924.thumb.jpg.4737839e215f4ea959d9e3ffa1721ab9.jpg

I have been looking for copies of these ever since I saw the first three volumes from the set for sale in an egregiously-priced eBay auction about five years ago. The two you have are the first copies I've seen since. They definitely need to be scanned and added to the book archives.

It would also be a good idea to compare the contents to The Creative Programming series from the same publisher (8 volumes in the archive), as the cover art is very similar.

• Like 2

Look carefully at the yellow ones in your picture, @ti99iuc. Notice that there are two different books there--and the regular books from the Creative series we know also has TWO books at the yellow level. I really think these are different editions of the books we already know--and if all of them actually exist in this format, there could be as many as eight of them plus the one projects book (i.e., the yellow all stars book).

The last page of the book encourages you to go on to the third book and to do exercises from the volume one/two project book.  An interview I saw with the publisher said they came as a series of seven volumes for each platform. I.e. seven for atari, seven for commodore etc. I think I may have the third volume as well, but I'll have to dig.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2022 at 11:51 AM, Ksarul said:

It would also be a good idea to compare the contents to The Creative Programming series from the same publisher (8 volumes in the archive), as the cover art is very similar.

I have compared the contents and they are very different.  They are by different authors 

What's the best way to get them where they need to go once I get them scanned?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, DuaneAL said:

I have compared the contents and they are very different.  They are by different authors 

What's the best way to get them where they need to go once I get them scanned?

You can post the files here, there are some who have access to various ti sites that can place the files on those sites for all ti posterity to have access to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

There are still some remaining broken links. If I can't resolve those then they will be removed at a later time.

?????
http://www.avjd51.dsl.pipex.com/ti/ti.htm

Nanopeb/CF7 author
http://webpages.charter.net/nanopeb

The "GUI" based topic editor makes it hard to find a link, as you first need to go to the link and then click on the "chain" icon in the editor to see the hyperlink that's behind it.
All nice and dandy for short topics, but not for a topic with the complexity it has. 

• Like 1