IGNORED

Got my C64

Hornpipe2

Hey guys, take a look at what I got from a (new) local friend!

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

Actually, only one C64 and one 1541 are currently working (that was the price - I take the working systems, I take the rest!). He also offered me a pair of Mac IIci's and his sister's Sears Tele-games, but I figured I was already stretching the Wife Approval Rating far enough. "Maybe next time" : )

Sweet! Is this your first C64 haul? Awesome system and if you're into chiptunes, you're gonna love the SID. Great score here and looks as if there's some fun mods already performed for you. The red buttons on top of the case. I wonder if JiffyDOS has already been installed. You can check by pressing the function buttons after you turn on the system and see if it tries to load a directory or file.

Also, might want to look into Jim Brains wonderful uIECsd device. Can now put C64 programs directly to an SD card and his little doo-dad basically emulates a 1541!

The 2600 offer just struck me as funny because he didn't have the machine... it's at his sister's house (also in town), so he was pretty much trying to give me something that was hers without asking : )

Yeah I'll be a new C64 user (outside of a little IK+ on VICE). I love the SID tunes - got the HSVC on random here at work most days - so I'm really excited about that... one of the machines actually has a pair of SIDs in it that was a work-in-progress Stereo mod, though some wires have been cut. That's pretty high priority to fix!

Those red buttons are for reset (cold and warm, supposedly). I know I have a Fastload-type cartridge. The rest is beyond me.

The guy has a couple of kids and an Atari VCS is the only game system in their house - I'm thinking of picking up some common carts as thanks... they have a Driving Controller so Indy 500 is pretty much topping the list : )

That's an excellent haul, you even got controllers and everything! I love my C64's but never had a haul liek that one. My stuff came in bits and pieces.

I had an Oki printer like that one, they like to eat ribbons and sound pretty loud from what I remember. Great to have regardless. You can also get different interface cards to go into the printer and it can be used with any computer from its day. One computer, one card. Even Tandy iirc.

edit/ I just noticed you're in AZ, I'm not too far in El Paso. We might could trade extra stuff if you like.

Any good thrifts/markets where you are for this kind of vintage hardware? There's very little in El Paso.

Edited by nathanallan

You could give me one of those if you wanted ;) I still have yet to get my hands on a C64 again, I was too busy trying for the PCJr to get a C64! We had one at my parents house when I was a kid and I loved that thing!...maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas, I think it's still in a box in my folks' basement :D

FYI - The keyboard for the C64C was swapped with one of the older C64's to make two hybrids. They must have done that so they'd look different, because they were never sold that way. :)

Tru 'dat home skillet and vice versa. Right indeed. That's a couple of bastard of a machines for sure ;) lol

Edited by save2600