IGNORED

So, you want an instant 2600 collection!

Wow!

I would need to take out a bank loan in order to be able to afford such a collection. I wonder why someone who has spent 10 years collecting these items would want to sell them all at once? I guess they must have gotten into a money crunch and need to start things ASAP as I would have probably tried to sell them a few pieces at a time.

I think I will add this to my watch list just to see what it finally sells for. I would guess $6,800 dollars but if the bidding gets crazy, who knows what it might sell for.

AtariDude you said it. WOW.

So close, I could save on shipping and just pick it up. Now all I need is $$$.

I looked at some of the photos and saw quite a few doubles.

Not saying it's not great but I think I'd want a complete detailed list of what I was going to get before I bid on something like that.

Wow!

I wonder why someone who has spent 10 years collecting these items would want to sell them all at once?  

I'm in the same boat....

I have been collecting for over 3 years now and I have a nice collection: atari, coleco, intellivision, handhelp....

It is very fun to collect and play games. However I can play all those game on a PC emulator. It will be fun to sell all those game and buy my dream car. I'm thinking of that.

Anyway....

Heh...I placed a bid that I knew would not win just so I could say I bid on it...and guess what magical number I chose? 2600! :D:D

Sure could use some of that stuff, but I'm not about to spend that much money all at once. Now if he was willing to do a monthly payment plan.....

Cap

Buy it now is: $7495

divided by 890 games:

Cost of each game: $8.42

Interesting considering some would likely be rare, and would sell individually for even $50 or more.

It would take 10 years to sell it all off individually tho, so I don't know...

yup... I'm in the same boat, I been collection since 1999 and now I need the money, so my collection it's up for sale, it's not the best of the best, but I do have a 2600 and a 7800 with the joy-pads, some good games (95+), a supercharger, case... etc etc... sadly I need the money + i don't really have time to play video games like before the army... anyway, u guys are welcome to come and take a look...

thanks!!

Osbo

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...&sort=3&rows=25

Cost of each game: $8.42

Interesting considering some would likely be rare, and would sell individually for even $50 or more.

Yeah, but there's an awful lot of $1 games in that list. As for $50 games, I only say maybe 10. Me thinks it's already too expensive to be parcelled out.

Yup. I hate to say it but this is a case of auction hype exceeding actual value, and people who aren't willing to go to thrifts and flea markets bidding on something they could otherwise find anywhere for cheap.

Man, I wouldn't buy it even if it was 1.00. The thing is, what fun would that be to buy a collection? I'd rather hunt em down myslef. And there's no way he has every game made.

I agree with you, Atari Master, one of my favorite activities is actually going to thrift stores looking for classic stuff. Usually there is nothing, but there is always a chance something will come along.

I wonder if it is theoretically possible to have a complete Atari 2600 collection. Is there some sort of official Atari (Infogrames) site that officially lists all games that were released. If you got all the games off of a list such as this, would you then have a complete collection?

What is the precise total number of Atari 2600 games? Label variations don't count imo, even tho they are neat to collect also.

It's possible. The games that were released to the public are the games I collect since there the real deal. If you get all of those you can say you have every 2600 game made. If you collect and get all the protos, then you have all the protos ever made. But I doubt it's possible to get all released, non released, protos. I mean, some of them were thrown away in the 80s.