IGNORED

Cyber Virus Atari Lynx prototype #6 of 25 on ebay

orkear34

I wasn't aware that any REAL prototypes existed of this game, it was an incomplete title that Carl Forhan of Songbird Productions completed himself ( and has either the legal license to publish or the copyright, one)and released a "limited edition" game and then the official game with more levels and other extras which is available at the Songbird web site. If this is one of those Songbird releases then it's perfectly legal to sell it on E-bay, but declaring it a "prototype" would be flat-out deceipt and false advertising. If it is a REAL prototype, then I would think at least checking with Songbird productions first would be ethical at least, but probably not illegal.

A bit off topic. But I looked at the Songbird website and I see quite a few games listed there. Games like Blue Lightning and Chip's Challenge. Are these games, games that are . . . reprinted by Songbird or are they unsold stock from the original Atari production runs?

I understand that games like CyberVirus are manufactured by Songbird? Is that correct?

The auction in question appears to be one of the 25 CinciClassic versions of CyberVirus which preceded the public release of CyberVirus by about 5-6 months. This limited edition featured 8 missions (including two missions and several graphics not included in the public release) but is a complete and playable game.

A large portion of the merchandise on the Songbird site is NOS (new old stock), but naturally games produced by Telegames, Songbird, etc. are in many cases recently manufactured.