IGNORED

MAG

Mendon

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been playing the MAG Beta?

I've spent about 5 hours playing it since Monday and can say this: some of it is very well done, and some of it still needs work. So far, I've experienced almost no lag at all, even with 256 people in a game. I also like the many map variations, weapon variations, weapon load out options, spawn point selections, and the online community has been really enjoyable to play with/against.

The game still needs some work on hit detection, spawn times can be waaaaay too long, several glitches (such as getting stuck on scenery) need to be addressed, "corner lag" needs to be addressed, and a few tweaks here and there.

The game has the potential to be an excellent and fun online experience. I just hope that Zipper International can work out the problems in time to make the January release date.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

I'm not in the mag beta, but I'm interested enough in the title to have watched several youtube videos. Seems like texture/object pop in is a constant fact in those videos. It's the most obvious thing I noticed.

it's nice to see lots of players in the same game again. I remember there were a few 2d 250-player action games even back in he 56k days, but I guess games just got too complex for that to work again up until now. That many players means there are always plenty of suckers running past your sights.

yes, I'm a camper and I no, don't care what people think about that.

And I'm still looking more forward to bad company 2, which should be around march. The whole faction system in Mag troubles me a bit.

Edited by Reaperman

• 3 weeks later...

According to THIS ARTICLE, the MAG Beta is open to EVERYONE beginning Jan 4th and lasting until Jan 10th.

On Jan 4th, you can download the Beta from PSN and then play either 64 player "Sabotage" or 256 player "Domination".

I was in the original Beta and had quite a bit of fun with the game... though without a manual, I found there is a hefty learning curve to figuring out exactly how to play (but maybe I'm just slooow). Its worth the download to see how this huge multi-player game is developing and hopefully Zipper will have all the little problems worked out by its January launch date.

Mendon