IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 21: Xevious

Deteacher

Xevious takes place on Earth. An invading alien race has set up shop, and it's up to the player to send 'em home. The game has a large number of different ground and air-based targets of either belligerent or non-belliegerent nature. In addition to the jumper-based difficulty levels, the game also adapts its difficulty to the player. If the player is successful against a type of attacker, an even deadlier type of attacker shows up to challenge the player.

post-9712-126049509858_thumb.jpg post-9712-126049510446_thumb.png post-9712-126049511046_thumb.png

Game Information:

Game Name: Xevious

Released By: Atari, 1982

Game Mode: Default settings

MAME ROMset: xevious

Chosen By: 4Ks

ROM Location: http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=31979

CURRENT HIGH SCORES

Coming soon!

CURRENT POINT TOTALS

Coming soon!

I still vividly remember the first time I encountered this game on an early morning at Chuck E Cheese. The graphics were so much more detailed than anything I had ever seen previously. I had the place all to myself so I gave it a few goes. I was discouraged because of it's difficulty but it didn't much detract from how much I liked the game. I've had the NES port since it came out, which is extremely faithful to the original.

post-10357-126054428213_thumb.png

Dang, your good at this game, darthkur. I'm lucky if I ever reach Andor Genesis.

Thanks. It's still one of my favorite shooters. I've gotten much further on the NES version, while being an accurate port it is a bit easier than the original.