IGNORED

A mea culpa and some penance to 7800 fans

Gorf

See details here.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/154745-maria-chip-has-been-resythensized/page__view__findpost__p__1897100

Also look in Jag forums for another treat. 3DSSS is pretty much

a dead issue so I think this one bin file for Skunk board owners

might be appreciated. I will eventually finish it....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/154873-cheesy-ufo-demo-for-jaguar-skunk-board-owners

Edited by Gorf

Many thanks for the new games Gorf.

I've tested all the games on PAL and they work. There is junk at the bottom of the screen tho. They are signed but I don't have an NTSC machine set up to test them on.

Here are the bin files for the CC2 users.

gorf.bin

CC2: 7800_32K 78BIOS

ufo!.bin

warbirds.bin

CC2: 7800_48K 78BIOS

You might need to remove the "!" from the ufo filename. I renamed that file to ufo.bin before copying it over to the MMC card.

Many thanks for the new games Gorf.

I've tested all the games on PAL and they work. There is junk at the bottom of the screen tho. They are signed but I don't have an NTSC machine set up to test them on.

Here are the bin files for the CC2 users.

gorf.bin

ufo!.bin

warbirds.bin

CC2: 7800_48K 78BIOS

You might need to remove the "!" from the ufo filename. I renamed that file to ufo.bin before copying it over to the MMC card.

Thanks Grovee! Also folks keep in mind....these demos follow the same rules as the surrounded demo and the

just uploaded Jaguar UFO Demo.

Not to be put on any other medium but upload to emulator or CC2 type devices.

Not to be posted anywhere else but AA exclusively.

I did not seem to have any trouble using the "!" with ProEmu.

also, they are for NTSC...not sure how to allow them to work otherwise for PAL.

Probably a need to rewrite the MARIA display lists or however one allows for

both machines simultaniously(if that is even possible)

Edited by Gorf

Thanks Grovee! Also folks keep in mind....these demos follow the same rules as the surrounded demo and the

No problem. With the CC2 firmware only supporting 8.3 filenames I thought it best to remove any "funny" characters to be on the safe side.

You can have one cart image that works on PAL or NTSC. All my releases are done like that. You might need extra DLL entries to handle the extra PAL video lines. If you have 4 blank zones before and 4 blank zones after the playing area zones its dead easy to update them with the PAL settings. There is a routine in the programming section that detects PAL and NTSC mode. The PAL colour indexes are different too.

No problem. With the CC2 firmware only supporting 8.3 filenames I thought it best to remove any "funny" characters to be on the safe side.

You can have one cart image that works on PAL or NTSC. All my releases are done like that. You might need extra DLL entries to handle the extra PAL video lines. If you have 4 blank zones before and 4 blank zones after the playing area zones its dead easy to update them with the PAL settings. There is a routine in the programming section that detects PAL and NTSC mode. The PAL colour indexes are different too.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll find some time and some interest to update accordingly.

Might want to have this and the other thread they are posted in be only visable for logged in memebers or the google seach,ect will find them and spread like wildfire.

GORF: Nice of you to share these, really nice actually. As for your job situation I'm more than sure things can and will get better for you. If you made $70 hr once you will for sure get it again. My wife was a CSM at a call centre for a couple years so I know all to well why your pissed at your current job.

Might want to have this and the other thread they are posted in be only visable for logged in memebers or the google seach,ect will find them and spread like wildfire.

GORF: Nice of you to share these, really nice actually. As for your job situation I'm more than sure things can and will get better for you. If you made $70 hr once you will for sure get it again. My wife was a CSM at a call centre for a couple years so I know all to well why your pissed at your current job.

Too late, I've already made carts of them. :P

No doubt ya dirty pirate. ;)

Um.....Just make sure they stay SOLEY in your personal collection. Those are intended to eventually

help someone out who can use it once I complete them....you actually know this person too. Im pretty sure you know who I mean.

Edited by Gorf

Um.....Just make sure they stay SOLEY in your personal collection. Those are intended to eventually

help someone out who can use it once I complete them....you actually know this person too. Im pretty sure you know who I mean.

He's actually just pulling your chain. :)

..Al

Yeah I know. I'd imagine he'd be willing to help me(the person ) out when the time comes.

I know he happens to be very fond of this person as am I.

Ok, I'll cancel the auctions.

Some great stuff, man! Love Warbirds:)

Im glad you like it so far.....Im having issues with a few bugs that Im finding a bit hard to track down.

The fact that the second level of aliens seem to get stuck on the right side of the screen has been annoying

the crap out of me.Im sure it's a ridiculously stupid mistake staring me right in the face, laughing as I

pull my hair out over it.

Im glad you like it so far.....Im having issues with a few bugs that Im finding a bit hard to track down.

The fact that the second level of aliens seem to get stuck on the right side of the screen has been annoying

the crap out of me.Im sure it's a ridiculously stupid mistake staring me right in the face, laughing as I

OK, cause now I know it has to be taken a pure act of humor:

A general rule of thumb would be "The longer it takes to spot the bug, the more in your face it was."

I've had unexplainable bugs pop up now and then in my 2600 coding only to find the problem was where I declared the variables to begin with, and forgot to add that little "ds 1" after a variable declaration. Meaning that variable I was using was actually the variable right below it which was being affected by other things - thus unexplained behaviour that had me pulling my hair out as I concentrated on the actual code that was doing it's job properly.

Gorf....Ain't nothing wrong with tele-marketing' (re, the resynth'd maria thread), speaking as someone who's spent over 14 years in all aspects of Phone based sales (aka tele-sales/marketing), you'd just got to find the right product/service to sell, the right market and have a decent pitch (not forgetting the ability to 'close', or ask for the business)

As the saying goes Gorf, ABC (you should know what that means)

As for your projects....KUTGW (keep up the good work) and i still can't get Gorf PD to run on project tempest or virtual jaguar

Jaguar games don't work properly on any emulators. The ones that do actually work don't play anywhere near as well as they do on the real hardware.

Probably because the emulators themselves are not properly optimised to run certain games

No Jag emulator understand main code execution.

As far as telemarketing, Im doing it for a water proofing company. It's been very dry here in Jersey.

Our competition is killing us in price and some of our salespeople tend to piss off the prospects.

So it's a few diferent things against us. Even the seasoned phone people are having a bad time due to the above issues.

Edited by Gorf

I am so glad that you have posted what you're working on.

It takes a lot of guts to do that.

Years ago, I decided that it was best to work on my coding projects "in a vacuum". Pressure Gauge (2600 game), was done completely on my own without any sharing to the community-- just some people from my dorm came by and tried it and said "hey-- this is neat". Since they weren't really gamers, I didn't get the feedback I should have. And, though I did complete the game, and am overall happy with it, I do get curious from time to time as to what would have happened if I had more community involvement.

Fast forward to my 2002/2003 7800 demos. There was no 7800 scene back then, and that's why I wanted to keep things secret. I wanted to do a "big reveal" at some point when I got close to a finished product. Unfortunately, there's this annoying thing called "Real Life" that can impact every programmer's life, and it is really easy to drop a project if you don't have an excited bunch of fans that want to know how things are going, and that are giving TONS of positive reinforcement.

So, this year, when I started Arkanoid, I knew I wanted it to be a public project. It is really cool to see people's excitement-- it brings a smile to my face when I wake up in the morning and see some new compliment on the thread. I've decided that it's more the way to go. In the long run, I think it'll help sales (due to exposure), but more importantly, I think it will help to make the game better overall. I look at Juno First and K.O. Cruiser, which relied heavily on feedback for the last few iterations. And, those games are really, really solid.

So, I wanted to say thanks-- I recognize that this may have been a difficult step, but it's a very good one. In playing the games, I need to say that these are really quite good. And, they have a lot of promise. What's neat is that the 7800 programming community is getting stronger, so we can help each other to make things even better. I know I'm learning some tricks, and of course, people like GroovyBee, PacManPlus, and yourself have really made huge strides for the system. So, I think the potential for more polished projects is highly likely. And, yours are really good looking so far. If you find some time to keep going, you'd have a bunch of us that are now really excited to see more updates.

So, thanks!

-John

Years ago, I decided that it was best to work on my coding projects "in a vacuum". Pressure Gauge (2600 game), was done completely on my own without any sharing to the community-- just some people from my dorm came by and tried it and said "hey-- this is neat". Since they weren't really gamers, I didn't get the feedback I should have. And, though I did complete the game, and am overall happy with it, I do get curious from time to time as to what would have happened if I had more community involvement.

Fast forward to my 2002/2003 7800 demos. There was no 7800 scene back then, and that's why I wanted to keep things secret. I wanted to do a "big reveal" at some point when I got close to a finished product. Unfortunately, there's this annoying thing called "Real Life" that can impact every programmer's life, and it is really easy to drop a project if you don't have an excited bunch of fans that want to know how things are going, and that are giving TONS of positive reinforcement.

So, this year, when I started Arkanoid, I knew I wanted it to be a public project. It is really cool to see people's excitement-- it brings a smile to my face when I wake up in the morning and see some new compliment on the thread. I've decided that it's more the way to go. In the long run, I think it'll help sales (due to exposure), but more importantly, I think it will help to make the game better overall. I look at Juno First and K.O. Cruiser, which relied heavily on feedback for the last few iterations. And, those games are really, really solid.

So, I wanted to say thanks-- I recognize that this may have been a difficult step, but it's a very good one. In playing the games, I need to say that these are really quite good. And, they have a lot of promise. What's neat is that the 7800 programming community is getting stronger, so we can help each other to make things even better. I know I'm learning some tricks, and of course, people like GroovyBee, PacManPlus, and yourself have really made huge strides for the system. So, I think the potential for more polished projects is highly likely. And, yours are really good looking so far. If you find some time to keep going, you'd have a bunch of us that are now really excited to see more updates.

So, thanks!

-John

Keep up the good work Propane and Gorf, we need more code hackers not gamers (anyone got a 6052 book the were using that they wanna feed me)

Sounds like your'e working the B-C (business to consumer) market gorf, never done that, only worked the B-B (business to business) market

Thats not a good thing your other t/s's are doing, one thing i learnt, never slag off your competitors, it will come back and haunt you or your other t/s's (telesales)

So, thanks!

-John

Keep up the good work Propane and Gorf, we need more code hackers not gamers (anyone got a 6052 book the were using that they wanna feed me)

Sounds like your'e working the B-C (business to consumer) market gorf, never done that, only worked the B-B (business to business) market

Thats not a good thing your other t/s's are doing, one thing i learnt, never slag off your competitors, it will come back and haunt you or your other t/s's (telesales)

We dont slag them off...Im simply saying our company is doing litle to compete with their low pricing and we

wind up losing out on what could be tons of sales. I know how to be professional in a business situation.

slagging the comp only makes your prospect suspicious. Our salespeople are not acting very professional once

they are in the homes...The corporates seem not to mind, even though its gaining us a bad rep. go figure.