IGNORED

Vertical Slim?

moycon

it's so slim it's tempting just to servo-tape it to something. ...I wonder if it works upside down...

Upside down would be cool...but I'm curious how it works vertically. No issues loading and playing disks? No issues with air flow? My old PS3 makes a terrible racket when it gets too hot. Those fans kick in and it's like a jet taking off!

it's so slim it's tempting just to servo-tape it to something. ...I wonder if it works upside down...

Upside down would be cool...but I'm curious how it works vertically. No issues loading and playing disks? No issues with air flow? My old PS3 makes a terrible racket when it gets too hot. Those fans kick in and it's like a jet taking off!

LOL...mine does the same thing. Loud!

I still wanna get a slim someday, I'll keep waiting though, did you see that cool Final Fantasy model that just came out in Japan?

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/the-final-fantasy-xiii-ps3-slim-proving-pink-on-white-works.html

I know its pink and I dont like pink but for some reason it looks pretty damn cool.

Even with the fans on full speed, a ps3 won't make as much noise a xbox360 running a game from a gamedisk. I just install the games i want to play because the xbox360 makes to much noise.

I currently have three Xbox 360's so I'm very familiar with them and all the various versions and how much noise the different models make, including the fact that the last two I purchased the limited edition Resident Evil and the limited edition C.O.D M.W.2 Elites are virtually silent while playing disk in them.

I can tell you now with the fans running at full speed my older PS3 not only makes as much noise as a 360, but when compared to the new 360's it makes considerably more noise. If you are implying the PS3 slim is quieter than virtually silent, then that can only be a good thing for sure.

I am still so happy with my new PS3 slim console, its so quiet fan.

Do you keep it vertical or horizontal smile_walle? I'll probably wind up getting one. I read somewhere Amazon would be giving away a game and 2 Blu_rays with a PS3 console purchase, not sure if it hasn't happened yet, or if I missed it. That sounds real good to me though.

Do you keep it vertical or horizontal smile_walle? I'll probably wind up getting one. I read somewhere Amazon would be giving away a game and 2 Blu_rays with a PS3 console purchase, not sure if it hasn't happened yet, or if I missed it. That sounds real good to me though.

I did put my PS3 on horizontal stand under my TV stand. :)

Yeah you will be happy with new slim PS3 console.

I currently have three Xbox 360's so I'm very familiar with them and all the various versions and how much noise the different models make, including the fact that the last two I purchased the limited edition Resident Evil and the limited edition C.O.D M.W.2 Elites are virtually silent while playing disk in them.

MicroSoft must love you, Moycon!! Do you get a Christmas card from them??? (just joking!)

I thought I've read several posts about different 360's you've owned; out of curiosity, how many have you actually bought, including LE's?

Mendon

I thought I've read several posts about different 360's you've owned; out of curiosity, how many have you actually bought, including LE's?

Mendon

I've bought six, but 1 was sort of an accident. When they first came out they were VERY hard to get a hold of. I used one of those tracking sites and finally after many days found one at Toys R Us online but it was only the bare bones one with no HDD. I bought it anyways, then like an hour later, a Pro unit came up for sale which is what i really wanted. So I bought it also with the intention of canceling the first order, thing was, it wouldn't let me cancel so I wound up with two!!! I sold the first one to a fella AAer right away tho.

I'm a sucker for Limited Editions so when I'd see one I'd snag it and then sell off an older unit.

I only wish I had more gamer friends close enough to me to stop by. I've only had all three networked together and playing around 4 times. :(

I also wish Sony would release a L.E. Slim but I'll settle for the plain ol vanilla since I don't have one. Maybe they will release a L.E. in the future and I'll snag it and sell off the old one like I did with the Xbox.

Well the Final Fantasy XIII LE slim seems to be entering every territory that the game itself is currently released in. So I'm pretty sure it'll get a US and Euro release.

I didn't think that was a slim is it!!? Not sure why but I was thinking that was one of the older thick models. I guess i didn't look at it very close because it was...PINK!! LOL I do indeed like limited editions, but I'm not so sure a pink one would be my first choice, still, my girlfriend will be using it as well (To watch movies) So maybe I could convince her it was FOR her!!!!