IGNORED

Pixel Junk Shooter (the modern version of H.E.R.O)

cimerians

I love this game. Its not hands down the greatest game ever made but if anyone loves the old 2600 game H.E.R.O then this game may make you smile.

Its not exactly like HERO since in this game your a spaceship and you can shoot the cave walls to destroy them but the theme is the same: Navigate the current level dodging and shooting things to rescue a miner(s) and then your off to the next cave.

You can also shoot walls and dive in pools of water to search for gems to add to your score.

Anyone get this yet? It features co-op play thats really fun and some of the caves are really thoughtfully designed. Each level or cave has a number of miners to rescue and when you get all of them your off to the next cave.

Another important note: Its fairly easy. Which to me is important......it makes it possible for EVERYONE to enjoy the game.

Yeah I think the only Pixeljunk game that was kind of crappy was the first one (racers) but ever since then pretty much everything they do is cool.

This one is definitely worth it, the price is OK and its classic old school gameplay. (Yup the water effects, lava pools and physics are very nice)

I bought this Tuesday and am really, really having a blast with it!

I've only cleared 3 stages so far (haven't had a lot of game time recently due to holiday goings-on) and while I've managed to save every miner on the three stages I've played, I haven't been able to find all the gems on those stages. I think I missed one on Stage 1, three on Stage 2, and one on Stage 3. Suckers are well hidden as I've explored and explored and still missing some gems.

Great puzzle game that has you trying to save all the miners.... not blasting them with your stray shots, hitting them with lava by opening a passage, or getting them shot by enemies.... and also figuring out just how to clear a stage. Seeing how well you do score-wise vs. players from around the globe adds an addictive factor to the game as you try to climb the High Score charts.

Another fantastic PJ release!

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

I know its really cool. The game actually has bosses. I just beat the first one. :)

Don't worry mendon just play a few more caves and you will get to him.

Yeah the gems sometimes are in hard to reach places like lava pools which can be deadly. Your going to be surprised at the new caves that come up. Keep playing!!