IGNORED

Gran Turismo 5 Demo Available

Mendon

If you have a Japanese PSN account (which is easy to make and you can view a YouTube tutorial by CLICKING HERE), you can now download the demo of Gran Turismo 5. Its fully in English and import friendly.

Not sure when the U.S. or European areas will get the demo.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

you know I don't much care for this demo.

I dislike the track, can't stand the cars, touching the grass seems to enable 'fubar' mode in the physics engine, assists aren't adjustable, cars aren't tunable, they disabled my clutch, graphics are a step down from gt5p, and I can't even turn the in game music off.

This should be a sure-thing right up my alley (I like GT5P just fine), but it's just not much fun for me.

Edited by Reaperman

I was able to turn off all the music under Options - Hardware - Audio Settings in the very first menu. I was able to disable all the driving aids as well except traction control yesterday. I couldn't get the menu to stop on it. I tried it again just now and it let me turn it off just fine. Strange.

I was able to turn off all the music under Options - Hardware - Audio Settings in the very first menu. I was able to disable all the driving aids as well except traction control yesterday. I couldn't get the menu to stop on it. I tried it again just now and it let me turn it off just fine. Strange.

I liked the demo, especially with the Logitech G25, however I think the glitches are due to the fact that they basically cut out most of the game to make a simple demo, I think Gran Turismo 5 will be a whole lot better. I can't wait for it to come out!!!

-Disjaukifa

I liked the demo, especially with the Logitech G25, however I think the glitches are due to the fact that they basically cut out most of the game to make a simple demo, I think Gran Turismo 5 will be a whole lot better. I can't wait for it to come out!!!

-Disjaukifa

That's pretty much the conclusion I ended up reaching too. A touch of stability control on that stock car would really help it's low-grip tires be a lot friendlier--and that function is locked out. The old prologue quicktune menu would also help miles. But after a good amount of time bonding with both cars, I started having a bit of fun with them, even if they're not quite my style.

I'm hoping that after this 'find the next race driver' business is over, maybe some of the demo's driver aids will become more adjustable. Of course I'm really ready for the full game with tighter tracks, and car variety. That's looking like this May(ish) right now.

Edited by Reaperman

That's pretty much the conclusion I ended up reaching too. A touch of stability control on that stock car would really help it's low-grip tires be a lot friendlier--and that function is locked out. The old prologue quicktune menu would also help miles. But after a good amount of time bonding with both cars, I started having a bit of fun with them, even if they're not quite my style.

I'm hoping that after this 'find the next race driver' business is over, maybe some of the demo's driver aids will become more adjustable. Of course I'm really ready for the full game with tighter tracks, and car variety. That's looking like this May(ish) right now.

Yeah I got tired of looping the production car even though I was using a wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

also in gran turismo 5 news

that march timeframe gran turismo 5 japan launch date--that's now delayed. (link)

no word on US or EU releases, because they never bothered to give us a date for those in the first place.

oh well, maybe someday.

at least this month there's a really nice playstation magazine article on gt5 confirming nifty bits like indy cars, head tracking, weather and night driving. (link)

Edited by Reaperman

I hate delays as much as the next guy, but it makes sense on Sony's part.

Final Fantasy 13 is set for a March release and Sony will probably devote as much as it can to the title. Then once the FF hype dies down, they'll bring in GT5 for maybe a summer/fall/winter release. I do expect this game out sometime this year; just not soon enough.