IGNORED

Pitfall! demo is now on Youtube!

acadiel

Filip has released the production Pitfall EPROM to me, and I have a demo now on Youtube. It's still processing, but the quality should get better.

Description:

Filip Van Vooren's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry I mispronounced your name a couple times, Filip - I corrected myself by the end!) Filip's website, www.retroclouds.de, will tell you more about him and the game. Filip has already made a limited run of these cartridges (with an awesome label), but stay tuned for announcements from him about future games, and future availability of the cartridge. Bare cartridge boards that run this game can be pre-ordered here.

Thanks to Filip for this great remake!!!

Edited by acadiel
  • Like 1

Very impressive! It looks to be spot on with the original. Did he simply study a port for another platform very closely or maybe reverse enginner a port for another platform and then re-implement in on the TI?

BTW, thanks again for the cartridge board!

tjb

I did an interview with the programmer and it was published in the December issue of Retrogaming Times Monthly, or "RTM". It's easy to find on a google search. It is really a good interview. The article was called "Pitfall!: A Homebrewer's Journey.". Filip was very forthcoming and open to talking about his programming style and techniques.

• 1 month later...