IGNORED

2600 10s: results so far

CincYnoTi

@wonder007--Are you missing any NTSC carts other than Karate Square Case?  If that's the only one you're missing, congratulations on being the first to actually have a complete set. :thumbsup:

965247[/snapback]

Thanks Sku_u!!

I do not have the Square Karate, I also do not have the Space Chase Monogrammed and an ECPC Romox. Maybe that will change in the future. :)

Sweet, I have something wonder007 doesn't. Ah well, I know it's only a matter of time for him... Strange though, I have seen people obtain and sell large 2600 collections in the past few years. I just "wonder" how things will shake out in the future.

I never collected to try to get everything anyway. It's more like if I have the money and don't have that game yet, I buy it. To me, it just seems more satisfying that way. I have my share of oddball stuff that I will never sell. THAT is the stuff you dream about. :lust:

Sweet, I have something wonder007 doesn't.  Ah well, I know it's only a matter of time for him...  Strange though, I have seen people obtain and sell large 2600 collections in the past few years.  I just "wonder" how things will shake out in the future.

I never collected to try to get everything anyway.  It's more like if I have the money and don't have that game yet, I buy it.  To me, it just seems more satisfying that way.  I have my share of oddball stuff that I will never sell.  THAT is the stuff you dream about.  :lust:

965578[/snapback]

While I'm in the same boat as you (and have stopped collecting because of that), if I won Powerball, the first thing I'd do is throw lots of money around to complete my entire videogame collection, starting with Atari and make certain everything I owned was boxed and complete. I'd do it mainly with the intention of starting a videogame museum and historical society. At that point, I'd have so much money, it wouldn't matter if I lost money on the venture.

Thing is, completing the NTSC collection is fairly easy if you've got enough money to throw around. I'm not all that far off myself.

Now, if you had a complete PAL collection, then I'd be impressed.

BTW, has Sears pic label Superman been confirmed as a rarity 10 yet - who has one of them? :)

Sears Superman pic label is clearly an R10 if you just want to rank along side the other rarities, but should it count in a collection?

I believe it may be just a promo label, but until more are found or one is pulled from a box, I think it's anybody's guess. I don't count it against a complete collection for the fact that it's only a LVAR. It's not a unique game, it's not a unique title, & not even unique artwork.

Completing any collection is easier when you have money ;)

NTSC is doable, even if you are on a budget, but the last few will take some saving up for. It's really only the CommaVids that are pricey. And then the games that were never officially sold, like Pepsi Invaders, Gauntlet, Cubicolor, Atlantis II.

I think the pirated stuff is debatable on both NTSC & PAL. Sure you can count if you want to, as they are/were available, but should they count against a complete set? I don't think the should.

If you throw out all pirates & hack jobs PAL would get considerably smaller, maybe as much as 2/3 smaller. I don't think it would be as hard as some think. I guess I'm not one to talk as I have very few PAL games in my collection, but I have observed some PAL rarities & have been looking at them for awhile now, preparing for when I run out of NTSC games to buy. ;) I think if you get to the core, unique roms & companies, and not try for 4-5 different versions of the same game, you would have a much better shot at completing.

If you throw out all pirates & hack jobs PAL would get considerably smaller, maybe as much as 2/3 smaller.

It's true....

The problem is though that the pirate versions are dead common but the originals are very very scarce. Go Go Home Monster by Home Vision anyone? :)

Would you count your collection as complete if you had an E.T. Go Home cart but no Go Go Home Monster (which, we think, is a pirate version of the same game!)?

Oh, the dilemmas of the PAL collector! :)

I don't count it against a complete collection for the fact that it's only a LVAR. It's not a unique game, it's not a unique title, & not even unique artwork.

967972[/snapback]

By that way of thinking, why bother getting a silver Gravitar in addition to a red one? After all, as you say, it's only a label variation. For that matter, aren't all but 3 of the Sears titles just Atari games with different labels? Why get a Xonox single-ender if you already have the same game on a double-ender? Why bother to get both the standard & beveled US Games cartridges?

In the end, isn't what we're doing collecting the cartridges and not just games? We could play the rarest of the rare on emulators all day long if it were only about the games.

In the end, isn't what we're doing collecting the cartridges and not just games?  We could play the rarest of the rare on emulators all day long if it were only about the games.

968476[/snapback]

I’m not admitting too anything! I plead the fifth. :ponder:

:P

I don't count it against a complete collection for the fact that it's only a LVAR. It's not a unique game, it's not a unique title, & not even unique artwork.

967972[/snapback]

By that way of thinking, why bother getting a silver Gravitar in addition to a red one? After all, as you say, it's only a label variation. For that matter, aren't all but 3 of the Sears titles just Atari games with different labels? Why get a Xonox single-ender if you already have the same game on a double-ender? Why bother to get both the standard & beveled US Games cartridges?

In the end, isn't what we're doing collecting the cartridges and not just games? We could play the rarest of the rare on emulators all day long if it were only about the games.

968476[/snapback]

You are absolutely correct. That's why I don't collect all the variants. Beveled case vs square case, text vs picture, these don't interest me. I never plan on buying the Boing! case variant. I never plan on buying the Wizard no-label variant. I never plan on buying the Polaris variant. I never plan on buying the Telesys variants. Now for Telesys I do hope I'm able to get them all with colored labels, but one of each is plenty. I don't plan on collecting all the blue label Activision games because they are exactly the same as their eariler picture label carts.

I do prefer picture to text, so in most cases I've kept the picture label Atari games, even if they are resting in a text label boxes. I did this for Atari, I did this for Imagic, and any other chance I get if I have a nice pic label cart, that's what I keep.

Silver Gravitar was the original release, and I want it since it was the first, & because it's a club edition. But I want all original release silver boxes. If I can find them, they will replace any Atari Corp silvers currently in the collection. I don't care to own both. Maybe I'm not as obsessive as alot of collectors here, I just want one playable copy of every released game. I'm collecting unique boxes, so I have bought some multiples, that means buying the Sears boxes, alot of which have unique artwork, some have unique titles as well, but they are not a high priority to me. I want to own both single & double enders, again for the unique boxes, and the uniqueness of the carts themselves. But I would say a good 90% of the LVAR do not interest me at all, and I never plan on buying.

I'm collecting Atari to own them all, by all meaning one of every game released back in the day, not 2 of every game, because someone changed a copyright date here or there. I would much rather collect unique games, even if I am buying PAL stuff, opposed to buying the 15th copy of Combat to stick in the draw never to be touched.

Any chance somebody else can take over updating the R10 list, or start a new owner's list?  Noti has been gone for a long time now.

968209[/snapback]

He was just on the boards today?

:?

968222[/snapback]

Well I'm guessing updating the list is no longer a priority then. Still somebody else should start a new one with the current info.

Any chance somebody else can take over updating the R10 list, or start a new owner's list?  Noti has been gone for a long time now.

968209[/snapback]

968222[/snapback]

Well I'm guessing updating the list is no longer a priority then. Still somebody else should start a new one with the current info.

968588[/snapback]

I think it should be started over. But Also I thought the polls would be a better way to go. Surprised to see 30+ Motorodeo owners in under 2 days in the polls, when none of the other polls started even have half as many votes :? Is somebody sabotaging the polls? I really would like if it was a survey that the mods could check & view who voted, or one select mod could find out this info. Would keep everyone more honest.

968209[/snapback]

968222[/snapback]

968588[/snapback]

I think it should be started over. But Also I thought the polls would be a better way to go. Surprised to see 30+ Motorodeo owners in under 2 days in the polls, when none of the other polls started even have half as many votes :? Is somebody sabotaging the polls? I really would like if it was a survey that the mods could check & view who voted, or one select mod could find out this info. Would keep everyone more honest.

968598[/snapback]

Mods can't see who voted. :(

968209[/snapback]

968222[/snapback]

968588[/snapback]

968598[/snapback]

I don't like that those polls do not make a distiction between boxed and loose. Should they all be reset and a boxed choice be added, or should they be kept as is and left alone? Should some of the rarity 9 games be tracked in this way? I'll help set up the threads if someone who knows how to set up HTML code can collect and post the results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some kind of form in a pop-up window would be most convenient. There should be one field in there for identification purposes: name, postal code, IP, or AA number. Perhaps it could be an open field, where one could choose any of the above. It would be cool if the form would also distinguish between carts, boxes and manuals.

Something like this:

**************** Fill in form Rarity 10 *****************

Name:

Identification key:

Password:

************************ cart *** box *** manual *****

Air Raid

Asterix (NTSC)

Atlantis II

BMX Airmaster (Atari)

Cubicolor

Eli's Ladder

Gauntlet handwritten label

Gauntlet production label

Karate (Ultravision)

Magicard white

Magicard blue

Magicard board

Mangia' (NTSC)

Pepsi Invaders

Video Life

Any of you HTML wizards up for this little challenge? I'm sure Albert can provide the database / storage facilicities.

Cheers,

Marco

:ponder: ...Has anyone given more thought about this idea?... :ponder:

Or...maybe just doing a little update? :ponder:

1003077[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...