IGNORED

save2600's Arcade Gameroom

save2600

I got to see the arcade (and the other computer room) today, and I have to say, these photos don't do it justice. There's so much stuff in there, neatly arranged, it's unreal. Truly impressive. The machines are in fantastic shape. I was blown away. Very inspiring. I think I do need to finally build that arcade I've been dreaming about!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's a fantastic hideaway you have there. Judging by the pipes and duct work in the ceiling I'm assuming this is in your basement?

How much space is around the drums? Is it only large enough for the drums (and maybe some computer recording equipment I see?) or is there room enough for a small jam session with a couple others?

In some ways it reminds me of my basement setup although for gaming I currently only have a MAME cabinet. Most of the rest of the room is devoted to the tiki lounge/bar and jam area.

Duh...just noticed the pics of the stairway. Kinda answers my basement question.

Duh #2...just noticed you're also from Wisconsin! Whereabouts in Wisconsin? I'm in Muskego.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I am surprised I missed this? Anyways, excellent room man! Your EM machines actually look shopped and playable!! Usually when I see EM's in a gameroom they are just beat to shit and no fun to play due to how bad of condition they are in but yours look fantastic! I like the line up and it was a good idea to stick the DMD in there on the end for a little variety, I used to only have one DMD also (on my system 11 wall)and I would rotate it out when I got bored with it. Seriously though, great room, looks like a very fun place to hang out :)

• Like 1

Oh, by the way, how is Sterns Stars?

Stars rocks. Seriously, it's one of the best machines I have ever played. Been in and out of my collection for over 30 years it's that good. Women absolutely love it too. The chimes, its playfield layout, et al. Funny how so many of the "serious" collectors find this too difficult a game to play. Then again, most of those types are only into DMD's. lol

And yeah, all my machines are shopped - it's what I do. Especially fine-tune the EM's to play better than most peoples solid state. No kidding :)

I'd snag a $300 Stern Stars all_day_long. If we were closer and you didn't want it, I'd certainly purchase it as I currently have several requests for one.

save2600, what is the material that you have scattered on the bowling game for friction reduction? Couldn't you wax the surface instead or is there a special reason for this? My grandpa had one of these games in his shed and was always promising he would fix it up, but the shed burned down with my Schwinn 5-speed sissy-bar bike inside as well.

Edited by Chuck D. Head
  • Like 1

save2600, what is the material that you have scattered on the bowling game for friction reduction? Couldn't you wax the surface instead or is there a special reason for this?

That would be real shuffle alley wax. It's a granular wax that many mistakingly refer to as "sawdust". lol You find it at game room/recreation companies that would sell shuffle alley's, pools, spas, pool tables, etc. There are different speeds to purchase as well. I find medium works best. These old alleys are made of Formica. Pretty reslient obviously, but years of not keeping it clean, waxed and "sawdusted" and you'll begin to wear it out - which is pretty inexcusable if you as me. icon_angry.gif

I use Wildcat pinball playfield cleaner/was to clean 'em up and then sprinkle the shuffle alley wax about. There should always be plenty of that granule wax spread evenly across when playing. Puck should glide and rebound back with minimal force expended.

Question is, how many times have you (in role-playing fashion, NOT FORCED) re-enacted the scene from "The Accused" (with Jodi Foster) on one of those pinball machines? Which one? It might bring greater value if you disclose the information. V'JER REQUIRES THAT YOU DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION.

Oh, by the way, how is Sterns Stars?

Stars rocks. Seriously, it's one of the best machines I have ever played. Been in and out of my collection for over 30 years it's that good. Women absolutely love it too. The chimes, its playfield layout, et al. Funny how so many of the "serious" collectors find this too difficult a game to play. Then again, most of those types are only into DMD's. lol

And yeah, all my machines are shopped - it's what I do. Especially fine-tune the EM's to play better than most peoples solid state. No kidding :)

I'd snag a $300 Stern Stars all_day_long. If we were closer and you didn't want it, I'd certainly purchase it as I currently have several requests for one.

I decided to go for it. If I get tired and one of your guys wants to drive down here and get it I'll let you know. I will 80% shop it but I don't get crazy, just enough so they look good and play nice and fast :)

I decided to go for it. If I get tired and one of your guys wants to drive down here and get it I'll let you know. I will 80% shop it but I don't get crazy, just enough so they look good and play nice and fast :)

Where are you again?

"Down here"....

Uh Nichibutsu Deluxe...duh?

Seriously though, I'm in MN (minneapolis) so I can't be too terribly far from you but then again, WI is pretty big :)

• 2 years later...

Found this cool "little" boombox in excellent shape the other day. And yes, the TV works. Might have to splice the Atari into it or maybe throw a Radio Shack TV Scoreboard at it since it's b/w only anyway. :lol:

Has RCA inputs in back also, so am using it with an Amiga for stereo sound.

post-13896-0-86301800-1377646141_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hahaha! Dee-luxe is right! Can't find any info online on it at all. Just its smaller sibling with single cassette and smaller speakers is all. Can't believe what people are getting or trying to get for some of these things. Upwards of $300+?! Anyone want this Lenoxx hunk of burning love for $300? It's yours. All yours. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...