IGNORED

Is a Pac-Man Arcade worth anything?

Atari Master

Be careful with buying a pac-man machine. It's a very popular item, but also very easy to find. A lot of sellers will bump up the price on it because the person buying it doesn't know much about the product. In actuality, you should be able to get them for cheap, since they are so readily available (regardless of the condition.) I've seen them going for $800-$1000 on ebay, which is just a rip off. One place I went to was selling several in excellent condition for around $250 a piece. In all honesty, that's about how much they SHOULD be, considering how easy they are to find. Don't get taken advantaged of.

Deadly Discman,

I am thinking you might be a "bit too low" on your estimate. I have owned at least 25 of either Ms. or yellow Pac cabinets, and none of them have been bought or sold for near that price. I still have one on location making money (mostly so I can feed my Atari habit!), and it makes more than 250 a month for me, consistently. I would be out of my mind to sell one for that. A repaired board from Eldorado games is near that cost by itself.

The reason it is the most common to find, is that it makes the most money. Do not be mislead that supply lowers demand. That game bought many operators homes over the years. Simply, the yellow guy is a cash cow.

As you noted, they frequently sell for 1000+ on the internet. Actually, with new side art and controls, that number may be more like 1400-1800. If you do not know how to work on them, and you need a reliable machine, that is a small price to pay for a warranty on the machine. Think of it this way; I buy a broken Pac for 350. I spend two hours shopping it out, 25 bucks in eproms, 10 bucks on a cap kit, and another 3-5 hours on electronic repair, I am going to sell at the going rate of 7-900 bucks. My time is worth that, and then you have to account for the fact "if it breaks, I have to fix it for FREE!". CYA in this business.

BTW, if you know of 250 Pac's, get them. The multi-pac kits will be available later this month, and I can find you buyers to make your money back very quickly plus profit for your troubles.

Cassidy

Cassidy Nolen,

I admit, that price was one I got from a seller who didn't really know what he was doing. (I got a Frogger cocktail machine for 150 bucks from him, for crying out loud), but my whole point was that some dealers take advantage of those who don't know anything about the product. I just went to a place yesterday where a guy was selling a Ms. Pac-Man for $2500! That's f-ing ridiculous, but someone who doesn't know anything might be under the impression that's a reasonable price.

Deadly Discman

Cassidy Nolen,

I admit, that price was one I got from a seller who didn't really know what he was doing.  (I got a Frogger cocktail machine for 150 bucks from him, for crying out loud), but my whole point was that some dealers take advantage of those who don't know anything about the product.  I just went to a place yesterday where a guy was selling a Ms. Pac-Man for $2500!  That's f-ing ridiculous, but someone who doesn't know anything might be under the impression that's a reasonable price.

Deadly Discman

Yeah maybe when it was NEW. But that's way way way overpriced for an old arcade machine :roll: