IGNORED

Latest WarBirds(working title) snap shots.

Gorf

This is looking amazing! How much time have you put into this game so far? It looks somewhat similar to another game I've seen before... can't quite put my finger on it though. ;)

I worked hard to not have it be that close to that game you are thinking of.

However it will have similarities....after all it is a multi mission space

shooter.

:P

But I've put a few months into this over a year and a halfs time on and off.

Oh and did I mention that every cart will be a personalized cart to the specific buyer?

In the title screen in game. :) It's much easier to do such a thing with the 7800 and

it is my first 7800 cart so I thought I'd add a personal touch for everyone who buys

one.

Edited by Gorf

ME WANT!!!!

Sign me up when you make carts, I will definitely buy one!

But of course. No sign up necessary. I will release them as long as there are demands for them and parts

to make them....oh and yes of course they will be personalized to each buyer in the title screen to as I

have mentioned before. There will be a first batch of 50 carts and you will be able to purchase them from

Chicky Baby. POKEY and all....also I found out that I have around 10k of space left so there may be more

levels added. Does anyone know how to make these compatible with the High Score cart? Im sure I'll get a

few folks hoping for this.

Oh and did I mention that every cart will be a personalized cart to the specific buyer?

In the title screen in game. :) It's much easier to do such a thing with the 7800 and

it is my first 7800 cart so I thought I'd add a personal touch for everyone who buys

one.

Hi Gorf,

It seems you found your place in the 7800 scene after all those woes in the Jaguar scene. Great to see you enjoy working on a 7800 title. Of course I will buy a cart when it is ready.

I like the personalized carts. I think it can (partly) prevent the E-bay whoring that you dislike. I too dislikes it to see that home-brew releases fetch high prices on E-bay while the original author gets nothing from it.

Robert

Here is the latest snap shots of Warbirds. Still more work to be done but the first four levels

are practically complete. Now working on the Boss level, and may throw in a bonus secret level

(or two) that you get when you accomplish a certain feat of fancy.

Mission: Astral Assault

post-3357-126283687379_thumb.png

Mission: Battle Beams

post-3357-126283688131_thumb.png

Mission: Death Squad

post-3357-126283688888_thumb.png

Mission: War Wings

post-3357-126283852219_thumb.png

Mission: Momma Bird

post-3357-126283691856_thumb.png

Hi Gorf,

It seems you found your place in the 7800 scene after all those woes in the Jaguar scene. Great to see you enjoy working on a 7800 title. Of course I will buy a cart when it is ready.

I like the personalized carts. I think it can (partly) prevent the E-bay whoring that you dislike. I too dislikes it to see that home-brew releases fetch high prices on E-bay while the original author gets nothing from it.

Robert

Thanks Rob! Well, Im going to prevent E-whoring by keeping the product available. It's the same policy we

have for any platform....unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, Gorf Classic was something

I cant do that with. I could have charged a ridiculous price for it and probably would have gotten it too.

Im not looking to kill anyone but make back my cost and maybe a little bit extra for my efforts and for the

folks that help me with production.

Im trying to get Jagmod and Terance to re-produce more Mad Bodies Carts with the change made so no one can

perpetrate that either. The 7800 is much easier to deal with in that regard as thre are many more parts

available, they are cheaper and not nearly as hard to reproduce. There are also a lot more 7800 fans out

there.

The 7800 is by far much easier to code for on top of all of this. If only the Jag was this simple to deal with.

:( But Im dumping out of the Jag game scene, unless I see a real change in the 'clientel'.

Fact is, if I see this game posted on E-Slut for some ridiculous price, I will post some there at regular price

to put and end to it quickly. If someone wants to honor the fairness system and sell their cart, what I'll do is

this.

If they contact me and let me know they no longer want the cart, I will put them in contact with someone who does.

I think it's win win for everyone except the the likes of master e-whores like SSFU. :)

This looks like its going to be a great release Gorf and look forward to playing it but I do suggest you change the name becuase everytime I hear it I just think of the Lynx game and I am sure others do too. Birds Of War? :lust:

My good man....Please read the thread topic title. It's a working title.

I already have an official name for it too. I dont need any crap from the

likes of Infogrames....grames of what? What the F##k is a grame anyway?

:ponder:

Looks good Gorf! Nice and colorful. Welcome to the 8-bit world of Atari. I'm sure you will find that dropping those extra 56-bits will help your sanity.

Just out of curiosity, will you be doing anything for the 8-bit computers or do you want to stick to just the consoles?

Stephen Anderson

Looks good Gorf! Nice and colorful. Welcome to the 8-bit world of Atari. I'm sure you will find that dropping those extra 56-bits will help your sanity.

Just out of curiosity, will you be doing anything for the 8-bit computers or do you want to stick to just the consoles?

Stephen Anderson

Let's see how this goes. I bring here with me my pricipals and my policies. They dont change just because the

console Im coding on does. The only change is the console I code on now. I however never close doors forever.

Perhaps some day the Jaguar community will grow the F up and I can finally realize

my dreams for that machine....until then, its over.

This is totally cool and the idea of having the cart personalized is also neat. I'll be keeping an eye out for when these are ready.

It's ok if you miss the first run as my policies with Jaguar are here as well...I will

supply carts for as long as there is reasonable demand. With the 7800, that can be as

low as a few carts at a time since the availability of parts is more robust.

This is looking amazing! How much time have you put into this game so far? It looks somewhat similar to another game I've seen before... can't quite put my finger on it though. icon_wink.gif

I worked hard to not have it be that close to that game you are thinking of.

However it will have similarities....after all it is a multi mission space

shooter.

icon_razz.gif

But I've put a few months into this over a year and a halfs time on and off.

In the title screen in game. icon_smile.gif It's much easier to do such a thing with the 7800 and

one.

Wow! The personalization is awesome! A wonderful touch for a homebrew!

It was couple years ago that I was pestering you about getting a copy of Gorf Classic for the Jag... you did tell me to be patient. Looks like my patience will pay off! I may not play the Jag game, but I'll get to play a similar opus from the mind of Gorf!

Any chance of getting an autographed cart from you when the day comes?

Oh... will you be drawing up a manual to go with the game too? I don't need a box but a manual is always cool to look at!

A year and a half and the results are looking great! And if this isn't ready until next Christmas, it will be even better! I know how much of a perfectionist you are! Great stuff!

Wow! The personalization is awesome! A wonderful touch for a homebrew!

KING! Great to hear from you my old friend!

It's much easier to do this on the 7800.....I would have done this with the Jag games but the blasted

encryption makes it alot harder(and Jagmod was not into doing it which pissed me off but........)the

encryption on the 7800 is not so bad.

It was couple years ago that I was pestering you about getting a copy of Gorf Classic for the Jag... you did tell me to be patient. Looks like my patience will pay off! I may not play the Jag game, but I'll get to play a similar opus from the mind of Gorf!

Well if all goes well with PacManPlus, you may still be able to play Gorf....just not on the Jaguar(as

things stand there wont be anymore Jag titles from me until I see a major improvement on the part of

certain 'fans' :roll: .)

I do regret not getting someone as loyal and freindly to me as you have been all these years a copy

of Gorf Classic CD for your Jag. My regret for many of you that wanted this game is unable to be put

into words.

Any chance of getting an autographed cart from you when the day comes?

I appreciate the honor but then I'd have to do that for everyone.....though that is not out of the

question. But the personalization alone would make it as unique as one could hope for. At very least

consider the game my personal autograph to all of you 7800 fans out there.

(Why anyone would want my autograph is beyond me, but truly, you honor me by asking.)

Oh... will you be drawing up a manual to go with the game too? I don't need a box but a manual is

always cool to look at!

I thought about doing this but that will only make the cost go up. The game will retail at $40 plus

shipping without these as it is. A large portion of the proceeds are going to help someone pay for

meds and food. Someone we all know and love. I'll do an online ode to the game perhaps though.

I'd love nothing more than to be able to add a Box and manual as I always like to put out a product

as professional as I can. What I may do is allow someone to offer them after the fact only if they

can do so without breaking their own bank and at a very low cost( or for free as a nice jesture) to

those that want it.

A year and a half and the results are looking great! And if this isn't ready until next Christmas,

it will be even better! I know how much of a perfectionist you are! Great stuff!

Well I hope to get it out by summer if all goes well but I never put dates in stone ...it could take

much longer than that. Unless God almighty has other plans for me, I want this out the door and in

your 7800 cart slots ASAP. :)

Edited by Gorf

It's ok if you miss the first run as my policies with Jaguar are here as well...I will

supply carts for as long as there is reasonable demand. With the 7800, that can be as

That's very good to hear. THANK YOU for doing it this way. One of the things that has been so frustrating to me, (to the point that I just plain gave up messing with the Atari community for several years), is that releases almost ALWAYS seemed to be perfectly timed with difficult financial periods of my life. Then when I'd have a decent paying job, items would be sold out. :mad:

That's very good to hear. THANK YOU for doing it this way. One of the things that has been so frustrating to me, (to the point that I just plain gave up messing with the Atari community for several years), is that releases almost ALWAYS seemed to be perfectly timed with difficult financial periods of my life. Then when I'd have a decent paying job, items would be sold out. :mad:

I know how you feel and its one of the reasons I try to accomodate in this manner.

Now as long as we dont start having issues like I've had with the Jaguar community,

everything should be smooth sailing.

Looking great, Gorf. :)

Looking forward to getting this on cart myself :)

I don't know if you've seen my replies, but I needed to try and get Frenzy out of the way before I look at Gorf - I hope that's ok. :)

...and I really appreciate you sending me what you have done so far.

Thanks,

Bob