IGNORED

Latest WarBirds(working title) snap shots.

Gorf

Looking great, Gorf. :)

Looking forward to getting this on cart myself :)

I don't know if you've seen my replies, but I needed to try and get Frenzy out of the way before I look at Gorf - I hope that's ok. :)

...and I really appreciate you sending me what you have done so far.

Thanks,

Bob

No probelm Bob and yes I've seen your replies...I ven wrote back too. Also I intend to help you with Gorf

and the other games I talked about. Also, there will always be a coopy of my games for you my good friend

even if you are the only one that wants it. :)

High Score Cart compatibility would be fantastic, if possible.

I just need the code specs to use it. Unfortunately, I know nothing about it's

use or its specifications, nor do I have one to try it out during development.

I may have to DL ProSystems sources and add an HS cart feature to it, among

other things.

Edited by Gorf

I just need the code specs to use it. Unfortunately, I know nothing about it's use or its specifications, nor do I have one to try it out during development.

The specs and documentation are somewhere on Curt Vendel's website, I think. If you want one to use for development, PM me and I'd be glad to let you borrow mine. It doesn't seem to hold its scores, and I can't figure out why (flaky battery clip, I think), but it would be good enough to use for testing.

I know it's very late in the development process to add a major feature like this, so I don't want you to think I'm asking you to do it; I just wanted to make the offer.

I just need the code specs to use it. Unfortunately, I know nothing about it's use or its specifications, nor do I have one to try it out during development.

The specs and documentation are somewhere on Curt Vendel's website, I think. If you want one to use for development, PM me and I'd be glad to let you borrow mine. It doesn't seem to hold its scores, and I can't figure out why (flaky battery clip, I think), but it would be good enough to use for testing.

I know it's very late in the development process to add a major feature like this, so I don't want you to think I'm asking you to do it; I just wanted to make the offer.

I appreciate the offer too but I'll have to look a the specs and see if it is worth it. I may just add it on cart somehow.

It looks like I may have to skip out on the HSC this game...I dont think I have the RAM locations for

it...I've used just about every last byte and still need a few more variables for other things. I may

have to add outboard RAM to the cart which may increase the game's cost. I was not looking to have to

do this.

It looks like I may have to skip out on the HSC this game...I dont think I have the RAM locations for it...I've used just about every last byte and still need a few more variables for other things. I may have to add outboard RAM to the cart which may increase the game's cost. I was not looking to have to do this.

If supporting the HSC isn't an option, I'd suggest simply finishing the game as it was originally planned and leaving out high score retention altogether. It's only an optional feature, anyway; after all, we can always fall back on pencil and paper. :)

It looks like I may have to skip out on the HSC this game...I dont think I have the RAM locations for it...I've used just about every last byte and still need a few more variables for other things. I may have to add outboard RAM to the cart which may increase the game's cost. I was not looking to have to do this.

If supporting the HSC isn't an option, I'd suggest simply finishing the game as it was originally planned and leaving out high score retention altogether. It's only an optional feature, anyway; after all, we can always fall back on pencil and paper. :)

Most people use cameras these days. :P

Wow! The personalization is awesome! A wonderful touch for a homebrew!

KING! Great to hear from you my old friend!

It's much easier to do this on the 7800.....I would have done this with the Jag games but the blasted

encryption makes it alot harder(and Jagmod was not into doing it which pissed me off but........)the

encryption on the 7800 is not so bad.

It was couple years ago that I was pestering you about getting a copy of Gorf Classic for the Jag... you did tell me to be patient. Looks like my patience will pay off! I may not play the Jag game, but I'll get to play a similar opus from the mind of Gorf!

Well if all goes well with PacManPlus, you may still be able to play Gorf....just not on the Jaguar(as

things stand there wont be anymore Jag titles from me until I see a major improvement on the part of

certain 'fans' icon_rolleyes.gif .)

I do regret not getting someone as loyal and freindly to me as you have been all these years a copy

of Gorf Classic CD for your Jag. My regret for many of you that wanted this game is unable to be put

into words.

Any chance of getting an autographed cart from you when the day comes?

I appreciate the honor but then I'd have to do that for everyone.....though that is not out of the

question. But the personalization alone would make it as unique as one could hope for. At very least

consider the game my personal autograph to all of you 7800 fans out there.

(Why anyone would want my autograph is beyond me, but truly, you honor me by asking.)

Oh... will you be drawing up a manual to go with the game too? I don't need a box but a manual is

always cool to look at!

I thought about doing this but that will only make the cost go up. The game will retail at $40 plus

shipping without these as it is. A large portion of the proceeds are going to help someone pay for

meds and food. Someone we all know and love. I'll do an online ode to the game perhaps though.

I'd love nothing more than to be able to add a Box and manual as I always like to put out a product

as professional as I can. What I may do is allow someone to offer them after the fact only if they

can do so without breaking their own bank and at a very low cost( or for free as a nice jesture) to

those that want it.

A year and a half and the results are looking great! And if this isn't ready until next Christmas,

it will be even better! I know how much of a perfectionist you are! Great stuff!

Well I hope to get it out by summer if all goes well but I never put dates in stone ...it could take

much longer than that. Unless God almighty has other plans for me, I want this out the door and in

your 7800 cart slots ASAP. icon_smile.gif

Well keep up the awesome work! I will definitely keep on top of the development of this release and I won't miss out on it! (If memory serves, I was out of town on the weekend that Gorf Classic was released)

No box and no manual is fine with me... after all, I wanna play the game!

looking great, do you have any plans for a PAL version?

Dont know yet. Possibly though. Let me get the NTSC working right first. ;)

I hope you will be able to fit automatic PAL/NTSC detection in. I think that is neater than a separate PAL and NTSC version. And then I don't have to wait longer than the NTSC guys to play the game :D

Robert

looking great, do you have any plans for a PAL version?

Dont know yet. Possibly though. Let me get the NTSC working right first. ;)

I hope you will be able to fit automatic PAL/NTSC detection in. I think that is neater than a separate PAL and NTSC version. And then I don't have to wait longer than the NTSC guys to play the game :D

Robert

I dont think thre is any detection going on. I think you add a few more lines to the top and the bottom of your DLL.

Again, I need to get my never the same color version working right first.

I dont think thre is any detection going on. I think you add a few more lines to the top and the bottom of your DLL.

Again, I need to get my never the same color version working right first.

You need to detect the difference between PAL and NTSC and then add extra lines for PAL. You also need change the colours because the PAL palette is different and account for any sprite movement/animation frame rate issues.

I develop NTSC and PAL versions at the same time (in the same binary) then there aren't any issues when it comes to releasing images.