IGNORED

Season 5 Week 1 - Super Mario Bros. (1985)

CGQuarterly

Please edit my score to 518050, I did used the turtle trick one time in world 3 to get extra points on the ealier one, I thought it would be ok if I was not milking it over and over. I was doing it for men, but it did effect the score even though I only got 4 men from it :)

Okay, okay, let's try to calm down and think this through.

Starcry realized what he did. He (I assume) didn't do it again. He even asked Jibbajaba to remove his previous score in exchange for a legit one. Everyone makes mistakes, let's assume this is one.

Jibbajaba, I realize we need a system to prevent purposeful cheating, but let's forgive Starcry this one time, seeing as he has realized he made a mistake, and even made up for it by submitting a different score.

If I got banned from something for the tiniest mistake, I'd be pissed too. I'm sure you would be as well, Jibbajaba.

Give him a chance, OK? :)

Okay, okay, let's try to calm down and think this through.

Starcry realized what he did. He (I assume) didn't do it again. He even asked Jibbajaba to remove his previous score in exchange for a legit one. Everyone makes mistakes, let's assume this is one.

Jibbajaba, I realize we need a system to prevent purposeful cheating, but let's forgive Starcry this one time, seeing as he has realized he made a mistake, and even made up for it by submitting a different score.

If I got banned from something for the tiniest mistake, I'd be pissed too. I'm sure you would be as well, Jibbajaba.

Give him a chance, OK? :)

Thank you. And no I did not do it again, honestly, i could not if i wanted to lmao. It was the first time ive ever managed to actually get it to work I figured hey a few extra men and its not cheating if im just whomping them on the way to the flag, it was after i read the post and realized eh yeah that is pretty cheap and they never ment for you to be able to do it that I posted the score that I had just finished.

Well on small upgrade. 821300. Final score. I have run through the game (or died trying a couple times in world 7 or 8) 13 times total hehe.

A really intresting tip that helped me make that little improvement was to make sure you have fireballs in worlds 2-2 and 4-1, this will let you rack up 5k or so points in each and help protect you big time.Also, unless your really good and dont need the extra man it seemed to help me to skip the pipe in 1-1 so that I could get a free man.

Master the sliding duck as soon as possible, it helps dodge bullet bills, get to coin blocks you may not otherwise get to and helps get under bowser if you dont have fireballs. (remember though 5k per bowser makes a pretty big score impact.) I know there are ways to get your score over 1 million but I have yet to find it. I have to assume its a matter of speed while getting everything and understanding which vines you may want to skip in exchange for a bigger point payoff.

If anyone has any tips on how to mabye improve my score in a decent way im missing let me know, I am using the water pipes with coins in the upperworlds only if i have fireballs. If nothing new pops up I think Im done. What can we expect for next week? Gradius? or mabye 1942?

Title: Super Mario Bros.

Developer: Nintendo

Publisher: Nintendo

Released: October 19, 1985 (US)

The release date is wrong, it was not a US launch title. Wasn't available until just around the time of Zelda.

Yup, your right. I always thought that it was an original launch title. Oh well. I'm still glad that we made it the first game of the season, and we are still going to play a 1986 game next (which will be announced today!)

Chris

Right on. Gives me a chance to find it if i dont already have it. Still trying to get my score up for mario. Keep getting in the 790000 range. I noticed the highest is 1200000 I wonder what it is that got that score so high? Back to it, only got to figure out a place or way I can rack up an extra 40k or so over the course of the game.

I wanted to try one last time for fun this morning around and got 852400. I am not sure if that counts though. I dont understand if we can play then game or just post scores monday and today. I hope it counts :) back to gradius now! C