IGNORED

Matt Hazard and the next gen retro movement

rpgfaker

First I have to say for a demo I am deeply impressed with Matt Hazard's gameplay. It reminds me of Contra and the graphics are fantastic. With all the new retro style games and the addition of Minis to the PS3 what 2D titles do you think should be remade?

I have already considered emailing Konami to ask for a mini Gradius & Castlevania or even a isometric old style Metal Gear. The possibilities of more games coming out would increase maybe 20X with more variety and the investment/return for these new gen retro titles would be much less of a burden and risk than the 3+ year development cycle for current big budget titles. I hope we see some great things done with this.

Matt Hazard was pretty cool and funny. Reminded me of Duke Nukem\Contra. :P

I'd like to see some of that stuff out for mini's but I'm not sure bigger companies are into making small cheap games. I would hope they would be.

I like what Konami did on the Wii with the Rebirth series. I haven't tried CV Rebirth but I hear its worth the money.

I haven't seen to much released lately on the mini front, the only game I have is Blastoff. Whats cool is I can play that on the PS3 AND the PSP but I dont think all games

support both systems.

I played Matt Hazzard on the 360 download and thought it was a nice quick game style to play. Reminded me of a 3d style contra and newer modern day games like Wanted, Stranglehold, etc.

I'd like to see the main developers do more with the rebirth of old games that were made. I was at a conference one time and had a chance to ask the Squaresoft reps if they foreseen a rerelease of Final Fantasy VII. Now granted this conference was in 2004.

answer: "We can not spend our time and efforts on a game that was programmed almost 10 years ago, no one would buy it!"

conclusion: Big Game Developers do not think people will buy old stuff. They have it in thier minds that everyone wants the new deal stuff.

Well count me in for the classics anytime....

Point being for the conference quetion: If enough people request it and let their voices be heard, it will come!

Final Fantasy VII: downloadable for $9.99