IGNORED

Tandy 1000

Malix

Not real sure where to put this so it goes in here. I know we all look back on Atari and have found memories. But for me the Tandy 1000 has some great memories as well.

There seems to be no section to discuss this and I am sure it does not belong on this page at all but does anyone remember having this computer and playing games on it? If so is there any resource to check it out? I still have it and some games.

The one I remember playing the most was Pipes. It was great.

• 1 year later...

I also owned a Tandy 1000EX. That's what my parents got me in 1987 (7th grade) instead of a Nintendo. So I bought every $3 shareware floppy disk I could find at Shopko (LOVED Beyond Castle Wolfenstein and this Galaxian-esque game called Round 42, plus Digger and Pharaoh's Tomb also saw a lot of action), and I also used it in high school and my first year of college. I published an underground newspaper with it in high school... I'd like to see an NES do that!

Oh yeah, one more thing...

DeskMate RÜLZ!!!! :P

Right... I remember those now, 3000, 4000, and 6000 I believe.

The 1000 was a PC clone too, but based on the XT's 8088 processor (or whatever it was) but with a custom graphics card midway between the CGA and EGA. The other lines were based on the 80286 and were more direct clones (which could actually run the early versions of Windows, instead of the infamous and aforementioned DeskMate).

As a kid, I grew up using a Tandy 1000HX as a game system. My grandparents bought it for us in '86, so I pretty much had it for my whole childhood. By far, my favorite games were the Sierra AGI parser games--games which I still love to this very day. We had lots of games thanks to my brother's friend having a lot of games--there was more than a little copying going on. We used it from 86 to about 97 (how sad is that), and I remember in the early 90s, my parents kept trying to convince me I didn't need a SNES because I had the Tandy. :)