IGNORED

TI-99/4A Color Monitor

ColecoFan1981

Hi,

Could anyone here please provide me the technical specifications to the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A color monitor? I know it is said to be a modified Zenith 13" color TV set.

Specifically I'd like to know what its gamma value is. Most computer monitors are known to have a system gamma of 2.5. NTSC gamma is usually 2.2, and PAL usually 2.8.

Thank you,

Ben

Edited by ColecoFan1981

Hi,

Could anyone here please provide me the technical specifications to the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A color monitor? I know it is said to be a modified Zenith 13" color TV set.

There's apparently at least two different such monitors, the 13" PHA4000 (the Zenith-manufactured one) and the 10" PHA4100 (manufactured by Matushita, aka Panasonic). I actually have the latter. I've also seen references to the PHA4100A.

PHA4100.jpg

Wonderful monitor, except that the vertical hold went out on it. :-( On my PHA4100, I don't recall the image looking substantially different from my TV, just a little clearer since it skipped the RF modulation.