IGNORED

Latest Harmony Cart software

batari

1 hour ago, HDTV1080P said:

The 64 bit driver worked perfectly fine for the Harmony Encore, and in theory if the same USB port is used on the standard Harmony the same driver should work. 

Thanks .. that did it.  I had issues running the installer but I right clicked on the .INF and installed that.  Then Harmony connected with problem.  I already have the latest so I will wait for the next version to come out and I am ready. 

I have both a Harmony and a Concerto cart. The Concerto card is new, but the Harmony cart is probably around 5 years old. The Harmony programming tool sees the Concerto cart no problem. But it does not see the Harmony cart. I have an exclamation point and a message in device manager (see picture below). I have all the correct drivers installed (Windows 10). And am now using Programming tool Beta 2 which I upgraded to today in hopes that it would solve my issue. It did not. Could it be the usb cable? I've tried about a dozen and it makes no difference. Any way to tell by physical inspection if the cable is a 5-pin mini B (which is the only cable compatible with the Harmony)? The Concerto uses a different cable which is not compatible with the Harmony which makes me think it could be the cable.

DSC01383.JPG

Edited by livingonwheels

13 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

I have both a Harmony and a Concerto cart. The Concerto card is new, but the Harmony cart is probably around 5 years old. The Harmony programming tool sees the Concerto cart no problem. But it does not see the Harmony cart. I have an exclamation point and a message in device manager (see picture below). I have all the correct drivers installed (Windows 10). And am now using Programming tool Beta 2 which I upgraded to today in hopes that it would solve my issue. It did not. Could it be the usb cable? I've tried about a dozen and it makes no difference. Any way to tell by physical inspection if the cable is a 5-pin mini B (which is the only cable compatible with the Harmony)? The Concerto uses a different cable which is not compatible with the Harmony which makes me think it could be the cable.

DSC01383.JPG

My issue was I had new design that changed the driver.  I assume you tried the driver that is on the support site for Harmony.

33 minutes ago, vinniet said:

My issue was I had new design that changed the driver.  I assume you tried the driver that is on the support site for Harmony.

I don't see any drivers directly on the Harmony support site.

Are you referring to the support site here: 

https://harmony.atariage.com/Site/Support.html

That links me back to Atari Age here: 

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/156500-latest-harmony-cart-software/

Which directs me here:

https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/

I'm on Windows 10 so I choose the installer all the way to the right for 2.12.28.

2 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

I don't see any drivers directly on the Harmony support site.

Are you referring to the support site here: 

https://harmony.atariage.com/Site/Support.html

That links me back to Atari Age here: 

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/156500-latest-harmony-cart-software/

Which directs me here:

https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/

I'm on Windows 10 so I choose the installer all the way to the right for 2.12.28.

That is correct those on the last link is the ones for your cart. 

I just today got a hold of the non-functional Harmony Encore cart I thought I'd have a go at resurrecting.

I'm on MacOS, and have downloaded the "Harmony Programming Tool 2.0_beta1"

When I select the "eeloader_ntsc.bin" file and press "Download EEPROM", then I get a progress bar to about 50% and then the tool crashes/exits.

It says "Updating Flash"... "downloading sector 1"...   Tried several times. Crashes in different places during the progress... it got to sector 3 once.

Just thought I'd report this. Could be the faulty harmony, I suppose.

Hi,

I am still struggling to install 1.06 on my cart.

I am using 1.3 version of programming tool.

The cart gets recognized, i get a green light.

My Atary is a NTSC heavy sixer, so i chose eeloader_104e_NTSC.bin and hbios_106_NTSC.bin.

After hitting Copy HBIOS it says file copied.

If i go to the file on my sdcard the date is updated on the bin file.

When i put the cart with the sdcard on my machine i see no spinning symbol nor the message saying the bios was successfully updated.

If i go to . i still have version 1.05.

Can you help out please? Cause i am running out of ideas...

Peace,

Pedro

On 4/2/2021 at 12:46 AM, pedro_jorge said:

Hi,

I am still struggling to install 1.06 on my cart.

I am using 1.3 version of programming tool.

The cart gets recognized, i get a green light.

My Atary is a NTSC heavy sixer, so i chose eeloader_104e_NTSC.bin and hbios_106_NTSC.bin.

After hitting Copy HBIOS it says file copied.

If i go to the file on my sdcard the date is updated on the bin file.

When i put the cart with the sdcard on my machine i see no spinning symbol nor the message saying the bios was successfully updated.

If i go to . i still have version 1.05.

Can you help out please? Cause i am running out of ideas...

Peace,

Pedro

I guess i am not the only one.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The official Harmony and Harmony Encore 64 bit and 32 bit drivers for the latest micro USB port design

The old Harmony and Harmony Encore cartridge uses a mini USB port that well not work with the following drivers. However, the newest Harmony Encore uses a faster micro USB port that well work with the Windows, Linux, MAC, and Android operating systems. The following are the official drivers to use with the latest Harmony cartridge and Harmony Encore cartridge that has the micro USB port. It does not matter if the Harmony product has a full size SD card slot or microSD card slot. The driver installation software for Windows, Linux, and MAC work with both 64 bit and 32 bit operating systems (auto installs 64 bit driver for 64 bit operating systems and auto installs 32 bit driver for 32 bit operating systems).

Windows 64 bit and 32 bit micro USB driver for Harmony and Harmony Encore  

Linux 64 bit and 32 bit micro USB driver for the Harmony and Harmony Encore

MAC 64 bit and 32 bit micro USB driver for the Harmony and Harmony Encore

Android micro USB driver for the Harmony and Harmony Encore

The following gold plated Micro USB cable has been verified to work

When using the latest officially released software called Harmony Programming Tool version 1.3, I was able to have a successful data connection between the Harmony Encore SD cartridge and my desktop PC that is running under the Windows 10 Professional 64 bit operating system. I used the gold plated 3 feet Monoprice micro USB cable (product #5457).   However, this cable is sold in sizes of 1.5 feet, 3 feet, 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet. A 1.5 feet and 3 feet cable well work fine with the Harmony Encore. However, I have not tested a 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet cable with the Harmony Encore. 

Edited by HDTV1080P

On 4/17/2021 at 6:23 AM, HDTV1080P said:

The official Harmony and Harmony Encore 64 bit and 32 bit drivers for the latest micro USB port design

The old Harmony and Harmony Encore cartridge uses a mini USB port that well not work with the following drivers. However, the newest Harmony Encore uses a faster micro USB port that well work with the Windows, Linux, MAC, and Android operating systems. The following are the official drivers to use with the latest Harmony cartridge and Harmony Encore cartridge that has the micro USB port. It does not matter if the Harmony product has a full size SD card slot or microSD card slot. The driver installation software for Windows, Linux, and MAC work with both 64 bit and 32 bit operating systems (auto installs 64 bit driver for 64 bit operating systems and auto installs 32 bit driver for 32 bit operating systems).

Windows 64 bit and 32 bit micro USB driver for Harmony and Harmony Encore  

Linux 64 bit and 32 bit micro USB driver for the Harmony and Harmony Encore

MAC 64 bit and 32 bit micro USB driver for the Harmony and Harmony Encore

Android micro USB driver for the Harmony and Harmony Encore

The following gold plated Micro USB cable has been verified to work

When using the latest officially released software called Harmony Programming Tool version 1.3, I was able to have a successful data connection between the Harmony Encore SD cartridge and my desktop PC that is running under the Windows 10 Professional 64 bit operating system. I used the gold plated 3 feet Monoprice micro USB cable (product #5457).   However, this cable is sold in sizes of 1.5 feet, 3 feet, 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet. A 1.5 feet and 3 feet cable well work fine with the Harmony Encore. However, I have not tested a 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet cable with the Harmony Encore. 

So if i understood correctly, since the official drivers only work with newer versions of the cart, and because i have an old version of Harmony cart, i won't be able to upgrade its firmware? 

3 minutes ago, pedro_jorge said:

So if i understood correctly, since the official drivers only work with newer versions of the cart, and because i have an old version of Harmony cart, i won't be able to upgrade its firmware? 

I would ask for first hand info from @batari before making assumptions.

8 hours ago, pedro_jorge said:

The latest official released public firmware is BIOS version 1.06. Both the old version and new version of the Harmony Encore cartridge run that version. Moving forward any official BIOS updates should work on both the old and new Harmony Encore cartridge design. The drivers for the cartridge is only regarding the style of USB port on the cartridge. If one has the older Harmony design with the mini USB port, they need to continue to use their existing Windows, Linux, and MAC driver that is designed for the mini USB port. The two advantages of the new micro USB port on the Harmony cartridges is the chips are a little faster and now there is support for not only Windows, Linux and MAC 64 bit and 32 bit operating systems, but also the Android operating system. However the Programming Tool version 1.3 software that runs in 32 mode only works with Windows, Linux, and MAC operating systems. So even though a micro USB driver for the Harmony Encore exists for the Android operating system, a Programming Tool version 1.3 does not exists yet for that operating system. So people using Android tablets and phones over USB well need to design their own software for the Harmony when programming the Harmony Encore cartridges.

I am surprised that the Harmony cartridge has not been discontinued, it would make sense to only manufacture the top of the line Harmony Encore cartridge which is only $15 more in price.  I am somewhat surprised that there are still two models to choose from when we are only looking at a $15 difference in price between the models. The Harmony Encore without any bundled options sells for $54.99, the basic Harmony Encore sells for $39.99. The only reason I can think of why the basic Harmony cartridge exists is to have an option on the market to compete in price with the Atari 2600 UNO cart that sells for $40. The Harmony Encore is a better product.

Edited by HDTV1080P

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a Harmony Encore and I've installed the full RGB --> Component modification (from https://etim.net.au/shop/shop.php?crn=210&rn=552) to my PAL 2600. Just wondering what BIOS combination I should be using. Games look fine (and super-sharp!) but the Harmony menu is pretty flickery. I put the 1.06 PAL BIOS on it, given how awkward it was to get it to flash in the first place I'd rather not tinker any more than necessary.

Would it be possible to edit the OP to clarify the current latest BIOS versions and update process(es) (including relevant drivers) as it seems to be necessary to trawl this thread a fair bit to get all the details.

Hello - I recently bought a Harmony Encore Cart - it has the latest fireware..... but the NTSC version - how do I get it to PAL? 

It says I do not have to connect the cart anymore - but what do I have to do???

It mentions two bits of software I need .... but I can only find the bios - not the loader?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 7:13 AM, Haydn K said:

Hello - I recently bought a Harmony Encore Cart - it has the latest fireware..... but the NTSC version - how do I get it to PAL? 

It says I do not have to connect the cart anymore - but what do I have to do???

It mentions two bits of software I need .... but I can only find the bios - not the loader?

A new updater is in this earlier post (hence my post right above yours asking that the OP be updated to make this less of an easter egg hunt!)

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/156500-latest-harmony-cart-software/?do=findComment&comment=4698726

Edited by KnightNZ

• 3 months later...
On 12/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, stephena said:

OK, here's beta 2.

Thanks for this! I have a microUSB/SDcard Harmony Encore that recently stopped working, hoping this might let me re-flash and restore functionality?

This version (and 1.3) just shows "Harmony Cart not found" on a couple Macs I tried, including a newer M1 and older Intel, including with another known good Harmony Encore cart. I tried both the Mac USB drivers in the first post (which install) and the dated Mac USB legacy extension drivers noted in this post (which do not install because they're for an older macOS). Any direction on how to get the Harmony Cart to be recognized on a recent Mac? Or do you think it may no be longer possible with current versions of macOS? My microUSB cable is one I bought along with the Harmony Encore, a Monoprice USB-MicroUSB5-03.

2 hours ago, MrZarniwoop said:

Thanks for this! I have a microUSB/SDcard Harmony Encore that recently stopped working, hoping this might let me re-flash and restore functionality?

This version (and 1.3) just shows "Harmony Cart not found" on a couple Macs I tried, including a newer M1 and older Intel, including with another known good Harmony Encore cart. I tried both the Mac USB drivers in the first post (which install) and the dated Mac USB legacy extension drivers noted in this post (which do not install because they're for an older macOS). Any direction on how to get the Harmony Cart to be recognized on a recent Mac? Or do you think it may no be longer possible with current versions of macOS? My microUSB cable is one I bought along with the Harmony Encore, a Monoprice USB-MicroUSB5-03.

My old Harmony still works fine, yet the software only recognizes it if I boot my 2015 Intel Macbook on Windows. Big Sur Mac OS won’t accept legacy drivers indeed. It isn’t the only retro peripheral that was nixed by Big Sur, so I didn’t look further.

2 hours ago, chesterbr said:

My old Harmony still works fine, yet the software only recognizes it if I boot my 2015 Intel Macbook on Windows. Big Sur Mac OS won’t accept legacy drivers indeed. It isn’t the only retro peripheral that was nixed by Big Sur, so I didn’t look further.

Well, I installed the Mac OS X legacy extension drivers a second time on an Intel-based MacBook Air, without any notification that they were not supported (perhaps because they'd been installed earlier?). After reboot, the beta2 Harmony Cart software for macOS recognized my Harmony Encore! I re-flashed, and now all is good again. I'm really not sure what USB drivers were being used or triggered though?