IGNORED

Latest Harmony Cart software

batari

• 8 months later...
On 4/17/2021 at 1:23 AM, HDTV1080P said:

The official Harmony and Harmony Encore 64 bit and 32 bit drivers for the latest micro USB port design

The old Harmony and Harmony Encore cartridge uses a mini USB port that well not work with the following drivers. However, the newest Harmony Encore uses a faster micro USB port that well work with the Windows, Linux, MAC, and Android operating systems. The following are the official drivers to use with the latest Harmony cartridge and Harmony Encore cartridge that has the micro USB port. It does not matter if the Harmony product has a full size SD card slot or microSD card slot. The driver installation software for Windows, Linux, and MAC work with both 64 bit and 32 bit operating systems (auto installs 64 bit driver for 64 bit operating systems and auto installs 32 bit driver for 32 bit operating systems).

Windows 64 bit and 32 bit micro USB driver for Harmony and Harmony Encore  

Linux 64 bit and 32 bit micro USB driver for the Harmony and Harmony Encore

MAC 64 bit and 32 bit micro USB driver for the Harmony and Harmony Encore

Android micro USB driver for the Harmony and Harmony Encore

The following gold plated Micro USB cable has been verified to work

When using the latest officially released software called Harmony Programming Tool version 1.3, I was able to have a successful data connection between the Harmony Encore SD cartridge and my desktop PC that is running under the Windows 10 Professional 64 bit operating system. I used the gold plated 3 feet Monoprice micro USB cable (product #5457).   However, this cable is sold in sizes of 1.5 feet, 3 feet, 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet. A 1.5 feet and 3 feet cable well work fine with the Harmony Encore. However, I have not tested a 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet cable with the Harmony Encore. 

Wait, why are the official drivers not getting posted by the OP (batari)?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BluNate said:

Wait, why are the official drivers not getting posted by the OP (batari)?

I am not sure why. Those driver links are the official micro USB chipset that is used in the Harmony Encore cartridge printed circuit board. Therefore, it would end up being the exact same link location most likely if it was reposted.    

Edited by HDTV1080P

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if the DPC emulation in Harmony is complete, or if it covers only functions used by Pitfall 2, like the Stella emulator. And I could not find the source file for DPC.arm which is used to build the Harmony firmware, so I cannot find an answer to that question. Would someone know about this topic ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 2:40 PM, kezax said:

I was wondering if the DPC emulation in Harmony is complete, or if it covers only functions used by Pitfall 2, like the Stella emulator. And I could not find the source file for DPC.arm which is used to build the Harmony firmware, so I cannot find an answer to that question. Would someone know about this topic ?

@batari maybe ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, killersquirel said:

I just went to play my Harmony Encore for the first time in a little while and realize that I took the SD card out and have no idea where I put it.  What are the files that are needed to be on the cart for it to work? Thanks in advance.

The Harmony Encore cartridge runs without a SD card installed, it just has a screen that says the SD card is not installed. The only thing the SD card is for is to access the cartridge run images which usually end in .bin files. One can have game file folders and as many .bin images as they want in each file folder. When ordering a Harmony Cartridge with the optional SD card, it usually shipped with some public domain homebrew games from the Harmony team. You can order a replacement 16GB SDHC card with the public domain games installed on it for $12 (Harmony Encore can accept a maximum of a 32GB SDHC card).

https://erstwhile-technologies-7800.square.site/product/harmony-encore/11?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=2

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2021 at 2:43 PM, RAGINxxXxxCAJUN said:

Need the right firmware and don't know which one to download. I have the old harmony cart. It was from the first run pre order. What software do I need to put on SD cart? Sorry been along time since I pulled that out. Thanks

I have also such an old Harmony.....what software do I nee, to play on Atari 7800?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 4:44 AM, gambler172 said:

I have also such an old Harmony.....what software do I nee, to play on Atari 7800?

You need the same software as for using with a VCS. It's all on the 1st post. Just use the 1.06 BIOS and ignore the other versions. For the USB flashing software, you could alternatively use the 2.0 beta version found in this post (with the 1.06 BIOS in the 1st post):

• 3 weeks later...

Sd card works fine with everything else I've tried on it. Using the final release of Charge that jrok released. It plays fine on my rg351v handheld, but not on my new harmony encore.

2 hours ago, Prizrak said:

My regular Harmony works so the encore certainly should. Maybe you file corrupt? Maybe SD card related issue?

Decided to give this one a shot.  Here's what I found:

• Harmony Encore: hangs during load at the spinning Yin-Yang.  Firmware: 1.06.
  • Concerto: Loads & runs fine.  Firmware: 0.96, build 030723.

The 2600 is a short-rainbow Jr. with a UAV installed; the 7800 has a UAV, internal Atarivox+ (enabled), and Synertek SALLY.

15 hours ago, Prizrak said:

Everything works fine on my end, maybe reflash your harmony software?

20230421_065731.jpg

20230421_065736.jpg

I happen to have a regular harmony on hand as well. Just tried it, and it seems to work fine on the regular harmony cart, but not the encore.