IGNORED

Latest Harmony Cart software

batari

bom dia a todos.

eu gostaria de saber como faço para atualizar o cartucho harmony?

eu comprei já tem algum tempo.

é so baixar a firmware e como passar para o cartucho?

precisa de algum programa em especifico.

teria algum video mostrando como fazer?

On 4/21/2023 at 9:54 PM, Legend said:

I happen to have a regular harmony on hand as well. Just tried it, and it seems to work fine on the regular harmony cart, but not the encore.

This may be a DPC-related issue.  It won't load for me on either the 2600 Jr. or 7800 using a Harmony Encore, but it works fine on the 7800 using a Concerto.

FWIW, both the Jr. and 7800 hang at the spinning Yin-Yang (which rotates seemingly indefinitely) and the game doesn't start.

• 2 weeks later...

This is strange.  I have an older Harmony and Harmony Encore that have the mini-USB and I have no problems playing anything on these two cartridges.  I also have a newer Harmony micro-USB and Harmony Encore micro-USB cartridges and I noticed a couple of issues with these cartridges.  First Space Rocks will crash after a few seconds of game play.  In Galagon when you shoot one of the larger spaceships when it is flying down towards you and it displays the score the first number will be several inches lower than the two zeroes that follow it.  These games work perfectly on the older Harmony and Harmony Encore cartridges.  I am running 1.6 on all of the Harmony cartridges.  Is there any idea why the newer Harmony and Harmony Encore would have these issues and can they be fixed?

5 hours ago, killersquirel said:

This is strange.  I have an older Harmony and Harmony Encore that have the mini-USB and I have no problems playing anything on these two cartridges.  I also have a newer Harmony micro-USB and Harmony Encore micro-USB cartridges and I noticed a couple of issues with these cartridges.  First Space Rocks will crash after a few seconds of game play.  In Galagon when you shoot one of the larger spaceships when it is flying down towards you and it displays the score the first number will be several inches lower than the two zeroes that follow it.  These games work perfectly on the older Harmony and Harmony Encore cartridges.  I am running 1.6 on all of the Harmony cartridges.  Is there any idea why the newer Harmony and Harmony Encore would have these issues and can they be fixed?

Have you tested the cartridges on another system?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2010 at 5:32 AM, batari said:

hbios_106_PAL50.bin 133 kB · 1,311 downloads

I've tried the latest hbios_106_PAL50.bin on my Harmony (non-Encore) cart, but the menu shows black & white on my PAL 50Hz TV. Is this a known issue?

The previous BIOS 1.05 (hbios_105_PAL50.bin) does show color, so I reverted back to that version without issues.

@batari Can you tell me what the new features of the 1.06 BIOS are compared to 1.05?

Edited by Dionoid

On 1/15/2010 at 5:32 AM, batari said:

Drivers:
When you plug the Harmony cartridge into your computer, proper drivers are usually already included with your operating system and are installed automatically. If the drivers do not install automatically, you may download them for your operating system here. Make sure you download drivers for the FT232R chip.

Where exactly is the FT232R chip driver? As I write this, my Encore is not recognized by my Mac running Mac OS 10.13.6. Which tab, from the image shown, am I to go to? Sorry I am confused. My Harmony Encore is not detected by my system!

Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 17.27.04.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 17.08.07.png

On 5/12/2023 at 7:24 AM, bulcheth said:

bom dia a todos.

eu gostaria de saber como faço para atualizar o cartucho harmony?

eu comprei já tem algum tempo.

é so baixar a firmware e como passar para o cartucho?

precisa de algum programa em especifico.

teria algum video mostrando como fazer?

Very late to the party here, but for possible future reference: harmony_manual_v2_online.pdf (atariage.com)

I hadn't updated mine in forever and had the same question due to a defective memory.

Manual uses "firmware" and "BIOS" interchangeably.

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2023 at 4:28 PM, santoscork said:

Where exactly is the FT232R chip driver? As I write this, my Encore is not recognized by my Mac running Mac OS 10.13.6. Which tab, from the image shown, am I to go to? Sorry I am confused. My Harmony Encore is not detected by my system!

Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 17.27.04.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 17.08.07.png

I too cannot get the software to see the cart 😞

I have downloaded the driver from the website indicated in the first post - 1.5.0 on the website linked...

The driver installed okay - but the cart is not seen by the OS 😞

sTeVE

If your cart has the micro USB connector, it also has the CH341 chip, not the FT232R chip. So you will want to install the CH341 driver.

If you are having trouble, Sparkfun has an article about installing drivers for these chips on a Mac. There is also a link to drivers on that page:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ch340-drivers/all#mac-osx

• Like 2

There were a couple of demos (I think Frantic and a couple of Champ Games demos) that wouldn't launch from my old Harmony (I believe I bought it around 2011).

I read these comments and finally upgraded the BIOS to 1.06.

Now the demos run!  Hurrah!

• 2 weeks later...

My windows 7 Pro (Dell Inspiron) laptop will not recognize my Harmony Encore cart. I tried to get the latest firmware and the driver failed, it will not recognize my cart as a drive even with the USB hooked up to it I live in a hick rural area and there is no tech support here and I need help that I can understand in plain English.

• 2 months later...