IGNORED

Automated Frying?

RevEng

The topic about the Space Invaders reset trick got me to thinking about how you can't fry games with Harmony.

Automated frying seems a fairly do-able feature, and already well investigated by batari with regards to emulators, if memory serves correctly.

It's not the most important feature to work on, but it would be pretty cool!

Well, maybe something could be done.

I'd think it would be a pain to keep loading a game from SD every time you want to "fry" (keeping in mind that 95% or more of the time, the system just crashes instead of giving an interesting effect.) You'd probably at least want to load a single game onto the Harmony's memory and forgo the SD.

That said, in single image mode, frying might actually work as expected (though I don't recommend it!)

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, that might get tedious. And I wouldn't want to risk my Harmony frying it in single-image mode.

Truthfully I haven't fried a cart in decades; that it was technically possible just appealed to the geek in me.

Really there are other features I'd love to see first, like new bank schemes and access to writing Arm custom "co-processors".

Not rushing you though, I'm sure you have a pretty full plate right now. ;)