IGNORED

Snider-man's BRIDE OF FRANKENCART Giveaway!WE HAVE A WINNER!

Snider-man

Believe it or not, I had *two* giveaways scheduled for Halloween. Since the last FRANKENCART went so fast, I re-tooled the sequel to be just a weeeeee bit harder!

Below is FRANKENCART'S BRIDE! (thunderclap) If you can solve the mystery of this cart, you will be able to identify the Mystery Cart I'm giving away. The first person to post the name of the Mystery Cart in this thread, wins it! (Just like yesterday's FRANKENCART contest.)

HOWEVER, you are only allowed ONE GUESS. If you guess and are wrong, too bad. If you EDIT your post, it will be disqualified. So make sure you think you're right before you post.

Oh, and if you figure out the Mystery Cart and already have it, do the newbies a favor and don't post the answer. PM me and I'll let ya know if you're right. I'd like for this to go to someone who might not have it.

Let the final Sniderman Mystery Giveaway begin! Meet the BRIDE OF FRANKENCART!

UP410225.jpg

How does this contest work? I see a series of pictures from various Atari 2600 games. Are we supposed to guess a common theme or is there another set of rules that I am not aware of?

Ah! Therein lies the challenge of the Mystery Contest. You must somehow deduce the identity of the Mystery Cart to win it. How can you do that with so few clues? Well, church won yesterday's Mystery Contest (which was very similar I might add) in less than AN HOUR! (See previous FRANKENCART post.)It's up to you to figure out the clue and what it may mean. I'll explain the answer after we have a winner...

This is dirty pool. there is no game that has 6 a's in it!

You didn't think I'd use that "first letter" trick again, did you? LOL! Although identifying the games in the BRIDE OF FRANKENCART is a very important step. Without all 12, there's really no way to decipher the name of the Mystery Cart.

I'll let this go for awhile on Oct. 31. If there's no winner by this evening, my time, I'll post a hint. But I expect this to end before then. :D

In fact, there may or may not be a subtle clue within this message! Guesses are cleared. Previous guessers may take another shot.

You didn't think I'd use that "first letter" trick again, did you? LOL! Although identifying the games in the BRIDE OF FRANKENCART is a very important step. Without all 12, there's really no way to decipher the name of the Mystery Cart.

Oh I've got all 12 but you made the second part even harder than identifying the carts which was pretty darn hard in itself!

And, once again, church wins a FRANKENCART contest. The correct answer was Desert Falcon. For his efforts, he wins a copy of this cart. (Church, I’ll just toss it in with the Infiltrate cart you won earlier.)

How was this one solved? Almost exactly as the last FRANKENCART contest was solved. First, you needed to identify the cart label snippits in the picture. They were:

1. Air Raid

2. Adventure

3. Asteroids

4. Air Sea Battle

5. Amidar

6. Allia’s Quest

7. Golf

8. Mangia

9. Glacier Patrol

10. Picnic

11. HERO

12. Galaxian

So, how does this reveal the name of the Mystery Cart? Take a look at the final letters of all the carts. They spell the name of the game. But what if you had the carts out of order? Well, you’d just have to unscramble those latst letters – as church obviously did.

I also gave everyone a few clues. I said this was like the last one – and it was. In another post, I said, “I expect this to END before then.” (I even marked this sentence with a smiley face to signal a “hidden clue.”) And finally, I also said “Well, all I gotta say is that it'll all become clearer AT THE END.” And church obviously realized that the END letters of the cart snippits must spell out the name of the game.

Good job church! (Although, I'm guessing Thomas was going nuts, having figured it out earlier by his post.)

;)

Ugh, no wonder I had a hard time with it. I was going from right to left rather than straight down in a column in identifying the games. Thanks for putting on the contests snider-man, it was a pleasure being a contestant even though I may have bruised my brain by trying to solve this for hours on end :) As well I would like to thank the people of #mp3uk for helping me get Amidar, g33k also from irc in finding the label for picnic, which most people swore was burger time. Last but not least Cupcakus from this message board for sharing Allia's Quest with me, which I would not have figured out on my own since I didn't even think to look at homebrews.

Ack! How about a warning next time Snider-man old buddy? I check this board twice a day, but I was in a drug-indused sleep this morning, thanks to my Oral Surgeon, and didn't get to check the board. I do love how you did this contest however....and congrats to the winner.

(Sorry, just thought I would add to the Deja Vu. You'll get to heckle me back soon enough Stan Jr.) :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for putting on the contest sniderman. One of the best packing jobs i've ever seen for anything. Though custons opened up the package and charged me 4$ in taxes. No biggie. Well then they charge me 5$ for handling. Sigh, I have to pay the government for the privilidge of getting taxed. Though I'm not bitter, I'm very happy to have 2 more games.

Ack! How about a warning next time Snider-man old buddy? I check this board twice a day, but I was in a drug-indused sleep this morning, thanks to my Oral Surgeon

Ugh. Another victim of ye friendly neighborhood dental professional. My condolences. I'm only happy that after getting my permanent crown put in, I don't have to go back for at LEAST six more months. :D