IGNORED

Snider-man's BRIDE OF FRANKENCART Giveaway!WE HAVE A WINNER!

Snider-man

Thanks again for putting on the contest sniderman. One of the best packing jobs i've ever seen for anything. Though custons opened up the package and charged me 4$ in taxes. No biggie. Well then they charge me 5$ for handling. Sigh, I have to pay the government for the privilidge of getting taxed. Though I'm not bitter, I'm very happy to have 2 more games.

I've been hearing people in Canada say this for a while now. What exactly is the deal? If customs opens it, they have the right to charge you "tax" on what they think it's worth, even if you got it for free? That is such an utter crock of BS. Why do you put up with it?

I've been hearing people in Canada say this for a while now.  What exactly is the deal?  If customs opens it, they have the right to charge you "tax" on what they think it's worth, even if you got it for free?  That is such an utter crock of BS.  Why do you put up with it?

Well they take the value a person declares on the package and apply the exchange rate on it then they tax it pst and gst, each of 7%. It only added up to 4$ so thats not what bothers me. The fact that they charge a handling fee for it is what gets me.

Why do I put up with it? Universal health care.

Why do I put up with it? Universal health care.

Here in Australia we have public health care that on the whole doesn't suck and the only time I attracted import duty was on an item worth US$360. And I've imported a lot.

As long as you don't arrive on a sinking boat you should be welcome :P

Wow. Sorry church. I've never had a parcel opened to Canada before. I marked it as "gift" too. When they asked me to declare a value, I'm glad I didn't say "one bazillion dollars!"

Glad the carts got there OK, but sorry your "free prize" cost you some bucks. *Sigh*

Oh, don't worry about it. Nothing for you to apologize for at all about. I wasn't bothered by the tax thing. Just the fact that the goverment charges more for a "handling fee" than they do for the actual tax. It definatly won't stop me from participating in any more contests :)

Oh, don't worry about it. Nothing for you to apologize for at all about. I wasn't bothered by the tax thing. Just the fact that the goverment charges more for a "handling fee" than they do for the actual tax. It definatly won't stop me from participating in any more contests :)

Good to hear, although I'm hoping you don't get "taxed" too heavily for what I sent you in trade for the GG. :(

Good to hear, although I'm hoping you don't get "taxed" too heavily for what I sent you in trade for the GG. :(

Well hopefully you didn't declare the carts as being worth 200$ :)

Well hopefully you didn't declare the carts as being worth 200$ :)

I think I wrote $10 on it. I do for almost everything I send to Canada. 25 Atari cartridges? $10 bucks. Two records and a CD? $10 bucks. I've never sent anything valuable enough that it would be an outright lie, but in sending used items for trade how are you really SUPPOSED to assign a value anyway? It just seems pointless.