IGNORED

Mega-Cd

Happy_Dude

its possible gens may not like your cd drive but i suspect i know the problem, if the logo you mean is the one with sonic then the likely reason its not working is because road avenger needs perfect syncro mode on, it won't work without it. unfortunately it takes more raw cpu power for games to work fast in this mode. just go to the cpu options in gens and enable perfect syncro mode and try again, i'm 99.9% sure this will fix it :)

Yep Thats what was wrong!

Just turn sereo off and put the

sprite limiter on to speed gens back up

Maby change the render mode too (i dunno about this one)

Its an awsome game. :D

I might get more Mega-cd's now.

Only my local thrift has them at 10 bucks :(

Time to search eBay ;)

i'm glad to have been of help :)

the fastest renderer to use is the normal renderer, you may also want to play about with frameskip if you aren't getting 100% speed, thankfully my pc is fast enough so i don't have these problems :)

i'd never describe road avenger as a awesome game, its just a matter of pressing the buttons when it tells you to but it is a fun game, ive finished it quite a few times 8)

i don't know what the us ebay is like but you can get mega-cd games quite cheaply over here on the uk ebay, the ones you are most likely to have to pay out for is sonic cd and final fight cd. and the very rare ones like lunar and snatcher, if you see them for 10 bucks i think you should get them!

Your right abut Road avenger. I just wasn't expecting it

to look that good.

I think i might get those $10 games. I saw R.A on Australian ebay

for $15.

And i'v already bid on a console (megadrive II & mega-cd II)

and it comes with a stack of games.

including 1 lose sonic cart. And i have a lose sonic box :D

and Damn Sonic cd was one of my Faves back in the day :(

I might just copy it from a friend until i can find it cheap ;)

Yknow.. I'm having a problem with the Gens Cd emulation. It looks ok, and I get the sonic "Sega", but then I get the message:

"Backup RAM cartridge is not initialized. Press reset and go to the control screen to initialize"

I've dont a number of things trying to do what it's asking me but no luck so far. Anyone else experienced this and know what to do? :?

ah yes i know this problem as well, although it only occurs for some games, most notably sonic cd if i remember correctly. anyway its easily fixed, put a cd in, load gens and select boot cd, then on the bios screen where it says press start, press one of the other buttons instead, now it depends here on what bios your using but you will be taken to a new screen and you should see a button labelled option or memory. select it and you will see another screen, you should see an option for the built in memory and the ram expansion memory, select and format each one. you only need to do this once for both options and after that you are ready to go!