IGNORED

Harmony webpage and order page

batari

The preliminary Harmony webpage is now up: http://harmony.atariage.com. You can download the online manual here. This page is really just a functional placeholder until a better page is designed.

Two order pages are now available to streamline the order process. Due to the way Google Checkout operates, I had to make separate pages for USA and international customers. Make sure you use the correct page or you will get an error message stating I don't ship to your address.

USA order page: http://harmony.atariage.com/order.html

International order page: http://harmony.atariage.com/order_international.html

Let me know if there are any issues with either of the order pages.

Anyone can get a credit card within minutes. They cost $14.95 + a one time $4.95 fee to load money on the card. I think it's worth it for people who can't get a card (like me) and need to purchase stuff.

Personally, I'd rather not pay $10 to $20 for a preloaded Credit Card when I have a Paypal account that works just fine.

Personally, I'd rather not pay $10 to $20 for a preloaded Credit Card when I have a Paypal account that works just fine.

PayPal didn't work well for the first batch of Harmony carts, which is why it was switched to Google Checkout.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to order one of these, but i'm not interested in creating a 'google account' to do so..

If Paypal becomes an option, or a third party (like the ATARIAGE store or ebay or amazon) starts to sell the, then i'll be all over it like a shot :)

don't think you need a Google account to use a credit card.

I think Al will have the harmony cart around CGE time in the shop.

That is correct, you do not need to set up a Google Checkout account. You can pay with a credit or debit card and it's no more effort than any other onlne merchant that takes credit cards.

I don't see this.. You have no choice but to register a google account to use their checkout service.. You can go ahead and try to just enter Your credit card details, but it will not let You continue without an email address and password..

That is correct, you do not need to set up a Google Checkout account. You can pay with a credit or debit card and it's no more effort than any other onlne merchant that takes credit cards.

I don't see this.. You have no choice but to register a google account to use their checkout service.. You can go ahead and try to just enter Your credit card details, but it will not let You continue without an email address and password..

If you don't supply an email address they can't send you an order confirmation, or a shipping tracker link.

Why would you WANT to place an order without this?

I was under the impression that the account creation was optional, but email is mandatory so you can get the above like Underball suggested. I could be wrong about this (bear in mind I haven't actually ordered any of my own carts :) ) But regardless, several of the emails on the orders appear anonymized so I assume these are the folks who chose not to create an account.

You must have an account, but you can keep your email address private.

From the Google Checkout help:

With Google Checkout, you decide on a seller-by-seller basis when you place an order whether you'd like to keep your email address confidential or receive emails from the seller.

At your request, Google will keep your email address confidential on an order-by-order basis. This is accomplished by creating an anonymous email forwarding address which you may disable at any time. When placing your order, select keep your email address private and Google will then forward the seller's emails to you without sharing your real email address.

You must have an account, but you can keep your email address private.

From the Google Checkout help:

With Google Checkout, you decide on a seller-by-seller basis when you place an order whether you'd like to keep your email address confidential or receive emails from the seller.

At your request, Google will keep your email address confidential on an order-by-order basis. This is accomplished by creating an anonymous email forwarding address which you may disable at any time. When placing your order, select keep your email address private and Google will then forward the seller's emails to you without sharing your real email address.

Does your credit card number get stored within the account, or do you need to enter it for each transaction?

Thanks,

5-11under

It's quite clear - you need to set up an account with google checkout to use the service.. If you just enter an email address, the next 2 fields insist on being filled out:

Minimum of 8 characters in length. [?]

Required field cannot be left blank

If You leave the account creation stuff empty, and just try to use the creditcard to make a payment, it fails. The Giveaway is to the right of the page where it says: 'if you already have a google account' - this implys you must have a google account to use the service.

So, to use the service and pay this way, You do need to set up an account, and associate Your CreditCard details & phone number with an email address.

Look, this is all great for people who have google accounts, but for those of us that choose not have google accounts, it's not so great. No big deal, just a little frustrating thats all.. I can wait for the ATARIAGE STORE to get stock :)

I finally ordered one. Wish I coulda used some of my PayPal balance, but I respect the decision not to support PayPal.

Received yesterday. Too bad I'm in the middle of moving and don't have a 2600 runnable anywhere.

Will the Harmony cart and all roms work using the 2600 expansion module attached to the ColecoVision?

Has anyone actually tried it?