IGNORED

maintence

mark

As long as everything works, there is not a lot that is needed to be done. You could lube up the coin receivers once a year, but as I have learned, if its not broke, don't try to fix it. The only other thing I can think of is that if your arcade games are in your basement, It would be a good idea to run a de-humidifier machine to keep the moister from doing any harm.

:roll: :ponder: :)

Just my notes as an operator/collector...

If you start to notice things like hum bars in the monitor, you may want to readjust the spring clips on the fuse holders, and a new round of fuses. Also check your cords regularly. If you are like me, you end up moving the dang things around more than you play them. A 400 pound box crimping a thin old wire is sort of a bad thing, especially if you have bare wire exposed.....

I found coin door lights last about a year, if it is on everyday, all day. If you notice the screen colors are blurred or running into each other, you may have to recap the monitor; not a hard job at all. Turn the brightness down on your vector games, to avoid wearing out the screen any more than you have to.

Work your volume knob once in a while, so it stays working. Those pots like to get dead spots if you do not. Final bit of advice, if you have a battery back up in your game (specifics I can think of are Pole Position, Tron, Satans Hollow, any Williams game) GET THOSE BATTERIES OUT OF THERE! Imagine what they look like in an old flashlight after three years. Now add 20 years to that, and put it near sensitive electronics. Who cares if your high score is there when you shut it off. Protect your investment. :)

Cassidy