IGNORED

Glowing blue USB retro 2600 style joysticks....

Do you think a fourth screw will add stability to it, or are we talking aesthetics mostly?

Probably aesthetics based on the fact that mine doesn't seem to to be falling apart or anything!

I was just curious if other peoples joysticks were the same as mine. In the end I doubt it matters much.

I guess in the end I hate to NOT run with the pack. :cool:

Although for $35 bucks you would think all your screws would be accounted for.

Like I stated earlier, a $1.99 VHS tape will in fact work with only 4 screws instead of 5.

If I took the time to dwell upon it, the 3 sides with the screw don't bother me and I can confirm it doesn't look better (in my opinion) without the screw. Just sayin.

Maybe the type of screw that was used (length, diameter) could be listed for those who cared enough to add one? :D

It just looks better without the 4th screw

I would consider that an opinion.

Now reconsider the post I made earlier:

Maybe the type of screw that was used (length, diameter) could be listed for those who cared enough to add one?

I'm not trying to be an ass, maybe a person is just REALLY anal about their $35 joystick.

Listing the screw type seems like a simple request. :cool:

No screw for you! If the Soup Nazi ever goes out of business, he's got a new a whole new empire waiting.

Maybe the type of screw that was used (length, diameter) could be listed for those who cared enough to add one?

I'm not trying to be an ass, maybe a person is just REALLY anal about their $35 joystick.

... and yes you do need to run the calibrator for a d-pad device. When I first fired up the joystick properties for this controller, the calibrator had the cross-hair in the upper left corner, when the joystick was centered. Running through the calibration wizard fixed this.

Yeah, worded that wrong. If it works out-of-the-box, no need to calibrate. Only if it is acting wonky... then you should go through the calibrating applet to see if you can discover the problem.

Edited by Zoyx

Opinion or not, that's the way that the product shipped to everyone. That's what the product is supposed to look like. To use your video cassette example, it would be like calling JVC after noticing that there's an extra unused screwhole in a VHS tape, and then asking them to send you an extra screw for it.

Just to show you that I'm better than JVC would be in this situation, if you email me your address I'll mail you a screw if you still really want one. Cool? :D

Oh - I missed the suggestion of listing the spec on the screw for those of you who'd like to add your own. I'll get on that.

Edited by gulag picture radio

Here is the specification of the screws in the joystick:

#2 phillips panhead screws 3/8" length.

Hope that this helps!

LOL, I'd like to see someone get that out of Sony or JVC. "Excuse me sirs, I spent a couple hundred on your device, I'd like a listing of the exact screws that were used."

I also would like to add a screw to mine also. I think it belongs on it, to make it more sturdy. I do not think it takes away from the look at all. Where can I get two screws? (I ordered two sticks)

any electronics or hardware stores should sell them.

Wow, asking for screws at a hardware store? What a shocking idea. So you mean, people don't have to ask us for another screw that wasn't needed in the first place? They can just go to the hardware store and get a screw for a few cents? What an amazing place, these new stores called hardware stores. ;)

Umm, hang on guys. Retrothing.com sold the sticks, and Bohus and I will provide a fourth screw to anyone who wants one.

Oh you guys have been most helpful and I appreciate all the assistance retrothing! Thanks :thumbsup:

The reason I posted "Wow" had nothing to do with the stick or the screw, sorry for the confusion.

Great stick by the way! Really enjoying it.