IGNORED

Super Duper Non-Halloween Cart Giveaway!!!

oesii

Ok, now that Halloween is almost over, we in the US can turn our attention to our traditional Fall weekend fare of football, beer, and fun. In honor of things that help me enjoy all the games, namely picking the winners and fantasy football: I'm offering up Activision's Cosmic Commuter, a fun 2600 cart, rarity 5 here at AA, to anyone that picks the winners of the games I have listed below. The cart works great but is only in fair condition because of that nasty actiplaquing.

This will be a game of chance and it's easy to play. Just pick the winners of the following five games that will take place on Sunday. They are listed by who's the favorite to win the game along with the point spread in brackets. In order to get each game winner right you have to play the numbers, if you pick the favorite they have to win the game by at least the number given in the brackets. And if you pick an underdog they don't necessarily have to win the game but they have to keep the margin of victory within the number given. For example in the first game if you pick Buffalo they have to win the game and win by at least 3 points. So a 17-14 win for Buffalo works for you. If you pick New England, they don't have to win, the score could end up 10-9 Buffalo but you would win because NE kept the margin within 3 points.

And for some tiebreakers, you have to guess the total amount of yards earned for two players on my fantasy football team. The person getting closest to the right answers without going over wins. Try to pick unique totals because the first person to post the right number wins in case of duplicates. Eddie George has been a bust this year so I'm hoping this brings him luck :)

Alright, too much talking, this contest is open to all that need this cart and I'll send it internationally too. Picks have to be posted by Sunday Noon EST (-5GMT hrs). Only your first set of picks will be allowed and no editing of your posts please, carefully make your picks and stick with them. I'll announce the winner sometime after Sunday afternoon's last game is over. Good luck!

Favorites...../.....Underdogs

Buffalo (-3) vs. New England

Tampa Bay (-7) vs. Minnesota

Houston (-3) vs. Cincinnati

Indianapolis (-3) vs. Tennessee

Oakland (-3) vs. San Francisco

Tie-Breakers:

Peyton Manning's total passing yards.

Eddie George's total running yards.

Ok here's my entry, as an example only ;)

New England

Tampa Bay

Houston

Tennessee

Oakland

Manning: 266 yards

George: 110 yards

And here's a pic of the cart being awarded, stolen from the pages of AtariAge. Again, mine has a bit more actiplaque on most of the label.

post-1503-1036111614.png

Well since I'm already doing this on yahoo fantasy sports this should be easy.

Buffalo (-3) vs. New England : Buffalo

Tampa Bay (-7) vs. Minnesota : Tampa Bay

Houston (-3) vs. Cincinnati : Houston

Indianapolis (-3) vs. Tennessee : Indianapolis

Oakland (-3) vs. San Francisco : San Francisco

Tie-Breakers:

Peyton Manning's total passing yards : 233

Eddie George's total running yards : 172

Yep, Yahoo Fantasy Sports are great, that's where I'm playing in a fantasy league and it's a great way to complete with friends in a pick'em pool. By the way, the lines i.e. point spreads are taken from today's VegasInsider's odds and they are firm for the contest.

Good luck with your picks, church, I hear you're on a roll ;)

I know nothing, nothing, nothing about football that doesn't have the term "Real Sports" in front of it but here goes :

Buffalo

Minnesota

Houston

Tennessee

San Francisco

Tie-Breakers:

Peyton Manning's total passing yards - 206

Eddie George's total running yards - 173

I'm more of a baseball fan than football but I can't resist competing at fantasy sports with friends. The same group of us always does baseball, football and hockey fantasy sports. It's kind of funny that I like baseball the most. I've never played baseball but did 6 years of football.

As for being on a roll, well I hope it lasts but I really doubt it will. It's nice to pick up some carts though, especially since I'm just starting out in collecting. Even if it takes me 4 hours to win a darn contest like the bride of frankencart one, that was grueling. Picking football game winners compared to that contest is a cakewalk.

Tie-Breakers:  

Peyton Manning's total passing yards.  

Eddie George's total running yards.

Buffalo -3

Minn +7

Cinci+3

Indy -3 (sorry Stan)

SF +3

Manning will have 243 yds

Gearge will have 94 yds

whoa, a couple of picks for Cincinnati, I put that game in the mix because their coach guaranteed a win for the hapless, winless Bengals. Should be funny either way.

The Tampa Bay/Minnesota game might also be a stinker but the Bucs are my team and I felt sorry for them :D

Eddie George has only "been a bust" because he has NO fullback and not much of an O-Line. He is actually running back to top form. Plus the play calling has been suspect. NOT excuses, valid reasons.

I know Indy can't stop the run, but you people who have picked Eddie to go 120+ are INSANE. Fisher will NEVER call enough running plays for Eddie to get that much yardage. You best pray he breaks a few for big yardage.

DOH! I totally forgot George is a running back!

oesii: Can I edit his yardage or is what I put down set in stone?

Church, just post a new number in a reply. But even if you thought he was a QB, I asked for his rushing yards ;)

I agree with you Stan, Eddie was totally back from his injuries and was running well this year but he's getting no good support. But I also just read that he tripped over one of his own players in Weds. practice and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game, doh! But everyone thinks he will play and if not then your guess on Manning's yards is very important :)

Buffalo (-3) vs. New England..................New England

Tampa Bay (-7) vs. Minnesota................Minnesota

Houston (-3) vs. Cincinnati.....................Cincinnati

Indianapolis (-3) vs. Tennessee.............Indianapolis

Oakland (-3) vs. San Francisco...............San Francisco

Tie-Breakers:

Peyton Manning's total passing yards.......... 180

Eddie George's total running yards.............. 140

I love this kind of stuff, even though I'm a baseball and hockey guy :)

Buffalo (-3) vs. New England ... Buffalo

Tampa Bay (-7) vs. Minnesota ... Minnesota

Houston (-3) vs. Cincinnati ... Cincy

Indianapolis (-3) vs. Tennessee ... Indianapolis (go Colts!!)

Oakland (-3) vs. San Francisco ... Oakland

Tie-Breakers:

Peyton Manning's total passing yards. 320 yards (and 4 TDs!!!)

Eddie George's total running yards. 70 yards

Swami Cap Sez......

New England. Though the Bills have played a lot of close games, their defense will let them down again. Actually, as long as Peerless Price and Troy Brown do well I'll be happy. I have them both in a CNNSI fantasy football league.

Minnesota. Tampa Bay can score 7 points?

Cincinnati. Dillon gets his first win of the year.

Tennessee - Air McNair over the runningbackless Colts.

San Francisco. And improved running game in San Fran has them thinking playoffs.

Tie-Breakers:

Peyton Manning's total passing yards. 189

Eddie George's total running yards. 88

Cap

you have to do something based on Football.  I hate football..

Then you are exactly the type of guy that wins big in the office pool. Picking NFL games is tough so if you want a chance at this cart just offer up some guesses and you'll be ok. :)

Buffalo (+10) vs. New England

Tampa Bay (-3) vs. Minnesota

Houston (+7) vs. Cincinnati

Indianapolis (+14) vs. Tennessee

Oakland (-6) vs. San Francisco

Tie-Breakers:

Peyton Manning's total passing yards. - 325

Eddie George's total running yards - 102