IGNORED

Anyone Have a Accurate List of 2600 Bankswitching Types?

trilidar

Like the title says. I just ordered a Harmony cart and wanted to go ahead and get my files in order before it arrives.

Yes I know I don't have to do this, but since it would only have to be done once: I wish to sort my ROMs by bank type (hopefully alleviating 99% of any loading issues). I've sorted the best I can, however I can't seem to locate useful info on which games relied on what type (for example, did all Activision carts-- except Pitfall 2-- use FE?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tril

Edited by trilidar

Like the title says. I just ordered a Harmony cart and wanted to go ahead and get my files in order before it arrives.

Yes I know I don't have to do this, but since it would only have to be done once: I wish to sort my ROMs by bank type (hopefully alleviating 99% of any loading issues). I've sorted the best I can, however I can't seem to locate useful info on which games relied on what type (for example, did all Activision carts-- except Pitfall 2-- use FE?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tril

Never mind, I found my own answer.

For anyone else interested, the attached doc is invaluable.

Enjoy.

tril

5439358-Atari-VCS-2600-Bankswitching-methods-.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
I wish to sort my ROMs by bank type [...] I've sorted the best I can, however I can't seem to locate useful info on which games relied on what type (for example, did all Activision carts-- except Pitfall 2-- use FE?).
Never mind, I found my own answer.

I believe there is some info missing from that document. Namely, there are a few games that were produced using different bankswitching methods in different cartridges. I believe these were Activision titles Robot Tank and The Activision Decathlon, and possibly also Space Shuttle.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

I believe there is some info missing from that document. Namely, there are a few games that were produced using different bankswitching methods in different cartridges. I believe these were Activision titles Robot Tank and The Activision Decathlon, and possibly also Space Shuttle.

Robot Tank is FE only. Decathlon is FE, except for a PAL version that was released by HES. Also the the "Fixed" version of Decathlon in Rom's collection fixes the infamous pole vault glitch.

Space Shuttle has 2 versions, FE and F8. The FE version is marked in Rom's collection as FE bankswitching.

Robot Tank is FE only. Decathlon is FE, except for a PAL version that was released by HES. Also the the "Fixed" version of Decathlon in Rom's collection fixes the infamous pole vault glitch.

Space Shuttle has 2 versions, FE and F8. The FE version is marked in Rom's collection as FE bankswitching.

Thanks for the corrections and info!