IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Going through back lots of purchases from the last several months, I came across this.  Nothing special, but I find it very odd that K Mart was selling a single cartridge without any packaging.  I suppose it could have been a store closing type of thing where everything is out there for sale.  

3AC8738D-EFE1-4A90-8C63-F9B0B4F6990A.thumb.jpeg.9e53cfc60baa66c29faea3ccf4b7c348.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Yeah, it could be, but, so far, that sticker is not increasing the value of the game hence we can be reasonably sure that they are all original…🤠

It's not so much a question of original vs. fake but more that adding a sticker does not constitute an actual change to the original packaging. At least no more so than the joking "Toys R' Us" price tags example vtadave posted.

Ultimately, everyone is going to define what counts as a variation for themselves and their own collections so there is no wrong answer. For my part, it takes some kind of permanent change to constitute a real difference before I can call it a true variant. Random sticker application doesn't meet that standard to me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

It's not so much a question of original vs. fake but more that adding a sticker does not constitute an actual change to the original packaging. At least no more so than the joking "Toys R' Us" price tags example vtadave posted.

Ultimately, everyone is going to define what counts as a variation for themselves and their own collections so there is no wrong answer. For my part, it takes some kind of permanent change to constitute a real difference before I can call it a true variant. Random sticker application doesn't meet that standard to me.

I agree. Everyone that collects has their own idea of what a variant really is. Most collectors of the intellivision agree pretty much on all variants because they are mostly permanently printed or obvious changes. The decal issue is one thing where people do not always agree. That is ok. I personally do not see the "New" decal as a variant. I just do not think it is enough of a difference to warrant it.

But.. there are other decals on regular boxes that i do see at actual variants. My reasoning is that they show that these games were distributed from a distinctively different producer in a different country. Two of these are shown below. German Stampede, and Mexican Armor Battle.

20230209_055216.thumb.jpg.54ed5465b88520f3f0b564474a928bba.jpg

20230227_130512.thumb.jpg.3da424720961deeba03ca40056c841a0.jpg

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I agree. Everyone that collects has their own idea of what a variant really is. Most collectors of the intellivision agree pretty much on all variants because they are mostly permanently printed or obvious changes. The decal issue is one thing where people do not always agree. That is ok. I personally do not see the "New" decal as a variant. I just do not think it is enough of a difference to warrant it.

But.. there are other decals on regular boxes that i do see at actual variants. My reasoning is that they show that these games were distributed from a distinctively different producer in a different country. Two of these are shown below. German Stampede, and Mexican Armor Battle.

20230209_055216.thumb.jpg.54ed5465b88520f3f0b564474a928bba.jpg

20230227_130512.thumb.jpg.3da424720961deeba03ca40056c841a0.jpg

This is the way. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Absolutely Folks!🤠

There are plenty if sub-variants, like the Imagic white trays, or the double labelled II cartridges, or the Digiplay / Digimed games that have various white stickers with new company names or adresses that matter for someone but not for others.

Me, unfortunately 🤣🤣🤣, I like (and look for) them all.

Luckily, I’m not interested by "Toys R' Us" stickers or similar stuff, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone here does and collects them all…

• Like 1

21 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Yeah obviously I was joking about my Toys R Us stickers, but just thought it was a fun piece to share.  I've heard that if you want to collect all the variations on the original 125, you'd have over 1,000 boxes which is fun...and crazy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vtadave said:

Yeah obviously I was joking about my Toys R Us stickers, but just thought it was a fun piece to share.  I've heard that if you want to collect all the variations on the original 125, you'd have over 1,000 boxes which is fun...and crazy.

Yea... its probably over 1200.. and new ones pop up yearly. Did you see the Ecico variant games that Casey found in Iraq? Who knows how many titles were produced by them.. So cool to still see unknown stuff like that after all these years!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Those are some pretty sweet grabs

I'm just sitting here catching up on my reading after being MIA for almost 2 weeks.  

Enjoying a nice healthy salad, my doctor told me I can have Zero Sugar Pepsi like the one in this photo.  I was getting fed up with just drinking water and tea.

coke.jpg

• Like 3

Wow!

It lasted less than 24 hours!

And it was not that cheap and far from being MINT…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145308975389?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=G_CghInHRQa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Nuf-_TBYSPC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I didn’t buy it.

Anyone here did?

Edited by Morpheus
Yo!
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Wow!

It lasted less than 24 hours!

And it was not that cheap and far from being MINT…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145308975389?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=G_CghInHRQa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Nuf-_TBYSPC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I didn’t buy it.

Anyone here did?

Wow, that’s high!   I had a copy at least as good that I struggled to sell for $125 a year or so ago.