IGNORED

Do you own any video game soundtracks?

Rhindle The Red

Do you own any video game soundtracks?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own any video game soundtracks?

• Yes, lots.
    • I've got a few.
    • Nope, none.
    • They sell video game *soundtracks*???????

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Sorting through my CDs, I recently reached my collection of video game soundtracks. There's lots of reasons to own soundtracks, of course: because you like the game and want some additional merchandise, because it reminds you of the fun you had playing the game, and even because you actually enjoy the music. (Yes, it's true!)

My favorite is the soundtrack to Super Mario 64 (and not just because it usually costs a lot nowadays). But I really enjoy listening to quite a few of them. For my favorite, I'm torn between Koji Kondo (classic Nintendo composer) and (for more cinematic works) Jeremy Soule, especially when he's working on something to compliment John Williams (Star Wars or Harry Potter video games).

Anyway, do you have any video game soundtracks? A lot? What do you enjoy about them? Favorites?

• Like 1

I've got some Atari Jaguar Soundtracks;

*Tempest 2000 (of course :P) -reworked especially for audio cd

*Primal Rage Soundtrack -also reworked for cd

*Braindead 13 Soundtrack

*Black Ice White Noise, the soundtrack for the unreleased game

*Defender 2000 CD soundtrack -an unreleased game format(burned from audio files found online)

*Battle Sphere Soundtrack by Stephanie Wukovitz(burned from audio files found online)

And I have made myself 3 compilation audio cds of Atari Jaguar sounds and game soundtracks of everything from Battle Morph to Demolition man, from all the released and unreleased game audio files on the Atari Times 2-CD set from Gregory George & the Atari-HQs CD by Glenn Bruner. There is some cool stuff on these and I sometimes listen to all this Jaguar stuff on these three CDs.

:)

I've still got my Hudson Soft sampler CD that has a barrage of Turbo-Duo cuts on it as well as a Tempest 2000 CD and a Final Fantasy XII CD.

I hardly have any, but I gotta say that I love a lot of the music from video games of the last 20 years. Mostly the orchestral stuff that is. I should look into the older Final Fantasy music. Great stuff on the Yamaha chip of the SNES back then!! Actraiser, Contra III, Castlevania IV and Super Ghouls N Ghosts!!

I've got the Japanese release of the Dreamcast Jet Set Radio soundtrack that it just excellent - far better than the music they sold here for the Xbox sequel. I used to play cuts off of that CD when I had a radio show here in Chicago. I've also got the soundtrack for Space Channel 5, but it's not all that great without the distraction of the game. ;) I have a mini CD with music on it from some Nintendo game (I think it's the one where you're the little guy with the bug spray fighting off the descending insects) that came as a random pick Japanese thing...

I do have a couple of storybook records that tell the story of Pac-Man at Christmas, and something with Donkey Kong. Also have two LP's for Asteroid & Missile Command that are also story telling records, but the best part is that the covers feature the cart art bigger than ever.

I have about a dozen game soundtracks now (Used to be a lot more, but they were impulse buys.. got rid of them). Guilty Gear X: Heavy Rock Tracks (OST for the DC & PS2 versions) stands out as a personal favorite of mine. Also, I can't forget to mention the "Castlevania Gold Collection" I bought on eBay a few years back. Clearly a pirate, but the CDs are real--It comes in two very large cases (Both are sized three or four DVD cases wide), consisting of every Castlevania soundtrack up until Curse of Darkness from the PS2 & XBOX.