IGNORED

7800 - Worm!

GroovyBee

NO BUGS,everything works perfect.The shadow bug happened on a PAL system,but on a NTSC system,it worked perfect.Now,both system work..... :)

I don't like bugs like this :(. Have you tried the game on the PAL unit you first saw it happen on?

Hi Mark

Yes,i tried the game one my PAL system first and noticed this bug.This happened after playing some time,not at the beginning.Then i took the NTSC system and there was no bug.But now,with your actual version everything is ok.It works perfect on PAL and NTSC

:) greetings Walter

Ordering for WORM! carts will start on Wednesday to be shipped the week after. Price is still $32 shipped to USA or Cananda and $35 shipped overseas. There is only 20 or so carts to be had as the rest of the limited edition of 40 are already spoken and\or paid for.

Shoot me a PM for any further ordering details.

This happened after playing some time,not at the beginning.

I've had the game running for hours in sleeping snake mode, pause mode and also in the idle sequence (title/high scores/options) and never seen this problem :(. Please can anybody testing the game keep an eye out for it happening on their systems?

This happened after playing some time,not at the beginning.

I've had the game running for hours in sleeping snake mode, pause mode and also in the idle sequence (title/high scores/options) and never seen this problem :(. Please can anybody testing the game keep an eye out for it happening on their systems?

He said it works perfect now without any bugs further into his post.

Find attached the latest version of Worm! :-

worm!.02_03_10.1.15.a78

worm!.02_03_10.1.15.bin

What's new in this release :-

- Digits 0 to 9 allowed in high score chart (thanks sh3-rg).

- Fixed the moving after you bite yourself bug (thanks Mord).

- Optimisations.

If you are a CC2 and SaveKey user you will need to load the game without the SaveKey connected and then plug it in before you start a game. I had to change the format of the data stored on the SaveKey with the introduction of the high score digits so the loss of data can't be helped :(.

Just reminders to say that the pre-order for the game opens tomorrow (Wednesday) and the mini high score contest finishes on Friday.

Comments, suggestions and bug reports welcome.

He said it works perfect now without any bugs further into his post.

I know, but it doesn't mean its not a bug. It just falls in the "not able to reproduce" category until I get another report.

Hi Mark

I have lots of good news for you.I checked your actual version and it works great on all my systems.After 1 hour of playing,no bugs found. :)

Then i tried the version with the shadow bug again.This time,i had to play over 20 games,until the shadows appeared one time.But when starting again,i did not notice this bugs anymore.And i played a lot.So,i do not know,what caused this shadow bug.I got it only 1 time,while playing 2 hours.But,like i said,on the old version.The actual works great.I wonder,that i am the only one,who got this bug..... :?

greetings Walter

I have lots of good news for you.I checked your actual version and it works great on all my systems.After 1 hour of playing,no bugs found. :)

Then i tried the version with the shadow bug again.This time,i had to play over 20 games,until the shadows appeared one time.But when starting again,i did not notice this bugs anymore.And i played a lot.So,i do not know,what caused this shadow bug.I got it only 1 time,while playing 2 hours.But,like i said,on the old version.The actual works great.I wonder,that i am the only one,who got this bug..... :?

Thanks for the update Walter. I did make the mushrooms and flower centres a bit lighter in colour a couple of versions ago so this might have affected it. However after hours of playing on my PAL machine I've never seen ghosting as bad as yours :(. Unless anybody else reports this as a bug I'll mark it as case closed.

Find attached the final version of the game :-

worm!.07_03_10.1.16.a78

worm!.07_03_10.1.16.bin

What's new in this release :-

- Added Mord's score and initials to the high score chart.

- Removed "BETA" from the title page.

Thanks to everybody who downloaded the game for testing it, reporting bugs and making suggestions. Its always good to get feedback during game development. I hope the mini high score entrants now try and beat Mord's score at their leisure. Finally... Congratulations again to Mord for getting the top 3 spots in the contest. Enjoy!

• Like 4

You know you want to work on a spooky game that has lots of colors onscreen! :D

:lol: I'm just keeping busy until more graphics come in for the game. When that happens I can make the map/levels for it which will provide lots of inspiration to complete it :lol:.

Is it one of the current works in progress or something else? icon_smile.gif

I'd class it as something else icon_wink.gificon_ponder.gificon_lol.gif. As soon as I have something to show I'll post in the homebrew section. Its going well at the moment though icon_mrgreen.gif.

Something else? Wow! You have that Halloween game, Apple Panic and the Mr Do kind of game in the works.... and now you say you have something else? Awesome stuff!

As for it's progress, I'm glad to hear things are going well... may you have continued success with it!

Something else? Wow! You have that Halloween game, Apple Panic and the Mr Do kind of game in the works.... and now you say you have something else? Awesome stuff!

Hopefully I'll have something to show/play by this weekend.

As for it's progress, I'm glad to hear things are going well... may you have continued success with it!

Its a ton of fun to develop on the 7800 :D.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...