IGNORED

Choose which MSX games you would like to see ported for the CV

opcode

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which MSX games would you like to see ported for the ColecoVision?

• Goonies
    • Knightmare
    • Yie Ar Kung-Fu II
    • King's Valley
    • Zanac
    • Guardic
    • Thexder
    • Twin Bee
    • Konami Sports Collection
    • Gradius
    • Penguin Adventure
    • Knightmare II - Maze of Galious
    • Jagur 5
    • Golvellious
    • R-Type

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Pixelboy, please, please remove the links. They are almost all from BlueMSX running at 50Hz, which isn't the correct speed for those games (20% slower than they should be). That is because BlueMSX defaults to European versions of MSX1 and MSX2. Please remove everything and let me post better links, if they exist...

I want to, but posts cannot be edited in this part of the forum after a certain amount of time! Real sorry... :(

Edited by Pixelboy

DS 1,2,3,4 are available for the MSX1, but I believe the only one worth the trouble is 4, which I think Pixelboy already has plans for...

Bah, not really. DS4 (generally known as "Legacy of the Wizard" on NES) would indeed be a cool game to have on the CV, but I don't have any delusions about it: In terms of porting the game to the CV, it's simply too big a project. If the porting effort itself would be a huge undertaking to begin with, imagine the beta-testing phase! Ouch!

Links for videos of Knightmare and Goonies running on the CV with expansion. Audio and video isn't that great as video was taken from the TV screen..

Also very good video of Yie Ar Kung-Fu II...

And here a very good one for Twin Bee. Notice that the video is missing a lot of frames, the real game is much smoother aside the choppy scroll.

Actually there is a second part, in case one want to see the whole game...

Edited by opcode

• 2 months later...

Yay! I wasn't the only one to vote on Penguin Adventures! (11 votes)

Antarctic Adventure was always one of my favorite Colecovision games, and Penguin Adventures takes the concept to a whole new level with better graphics and mini games, plus more diverse levels. Great game :thumbsup:

Antarctic Adventure was always one of my favorite Colecovision games, and Penguin Adventures takes the concept to a whole new level with better graphics and mini games, plus more diverse levels. Great game :thumbsup:

I think Penguin Adventures IS THE GAME TO MAKE! :thumbsup:

This game is simply AWESOME! :D

Antarctic Adventure has been always one of my favorite CV game

The graphics were simply wonderfull at the time

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed, great game and the first in the series is already in the official colecovision library. But make the good ending more accesible :)

Agreed, great game and the first in the series is already in the official colecovision library. But make the good ending more accesible :)

I would like to see Mappy. It is the one game I always thought should have been on the ColecoVision back in the day but wasn't. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Livingstone

ZX Spectrum games, and... I am sorry for saying that, but I must confess... I hate the Spectrum with a passion. I hate its monochrome-ish graphics, its plik,plok sounds and its games.

Just wanted to say, that MSX´s Livingstone I Presume is not a Spectrum port, but a game with good colourful graphics (including multicolour sprites) and sound. (though Spectrum version is above average graphically)

Check here:

MSX

http://www.generation-msx.nl/msxdb/softwareinfo/2253

Spectrum:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek.cgi?regexp=Livingstone%2c+I+Presume&loadpics=1

Livingstone has nice features (=objects that can be used, like pole for pole vaulting in the jungle!) that not every other games have.

• 9 months later...