IGNORED

My small Donkey Kong collectibles collection

save2600

I do have a Brach's Donkey Kong Country 'Fruit Snacks' box in perfect condition as well as another MIB, never opened DK action figure somewhere (can't locate 'em right now). Here's the rest. Vintage DK stuff is really tough to find 'round these parts!

post-13896-126541667212_thumb.jpg

BTW: isn't it nice, when you click on a pic, that it doesn't take up 2 friggin' screen sizes?!? You can do it too. Just reduce the size of your pics to 800x600 or less ;) Sorry - just a pet peeve. Hate scrolling to find the 'exit' button on some of these pics. lol

Edited by save2600
  • Like 1

nice MB game,i never knew it even existed.

Thanks! Yeah, played that as a kid back in the day. Have an MB Zaxxon too :) A board game I recently acquired I didn't know existed is Q*Bert! That one's by PB (surprise).

BTW: What the heck happened to Popeye? He's not supposed to grow all old and dingy like that! Your avatar is freaking me out... lol

Edited by save2600

I like the mini arcade cabinet with the girl playing it, what is that anyways, a Christmas ornimant?

I don't believe so as there are no holes or hooks anywhere to hang it. Looks like this was a product of Coleco back in '82. Looking at this closer, you just reminded me of something... I've got this new in the box, mini arcade of DK that makes sounds AND has one of those 3D motion image thingy's that "animates" as you move the joystick. I have no idea where this is... but am going to look for it now.

nice MB game,i never knew it even existed.

Thanks! Yeah, played that as a kid back in the day. Have an MB Zaxxon too :) A board game I recently acquired I didn't know existed is Q*Bert! That one's by PB (surprise).

BTW: What the heck happened to Popeye? He's not supposed to grow all old and dingy like that! Your avatar is freaking me out... lol

i like it.popeye is from the 1930's.this is how he would look like :D

Very Nice.

I collects also all Donkey Kong (from 80's only, not DK country ) related things. I think i have hundreds of Items. :)

One day , i will find time to take pictures...

I'd love to see what all you have. My collection is super meager and nothing like my Pac-Man collection, which I should post in more detail someday. Just seemed that DK stuff was/is a lot more elusive.

• 7 months later...

Remember Donkey Kong cereal? I was disappointed with it when I tried it back in my kid days. It was just barrel-shaped maybe Capt. Crunch-like although I don't remember the taste.

Do you have the Donkey Kong bubblegum card stickers? I have a set of them. They didn't make as many of them as Pac-Man sticker cards.

Remember Donkey Kong cereal? I was disappointed with it when I tried it back in my kid days. It was just barrel-shaped maybe Capt. Crunch-like although I don't remember the taste.

Do you have the Donkey Kong bubblegum card stickers? I have a set of them. They didn't make as many of them as Pac-Man sticker cards.

Yeah, I remember the cereal and you're right. Pretty bland and they'd hurt the roof of your mouth if you weren't careful. lol

In the mid 90's, there was a promotion that involved a brand new DK watch. You saved up the UPC symbols off of something (can't remember), sent a $10 check and was supposed to receive this watch. I did all of those things, but ended up getting my letter back with an explanation claiming they had run out. :(

And no... no DK bubblegum stickers here. I have a bunch of Pac-Man ones now though, thanks to a recent donation.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! Here is the Donkey Kong Cereal Commercial.

They still sell the Donkey Kong bubblegum too.

Nice collection! :thumbsup: You should also get the full set of Donkey Kong cards made by Topps.

Speaking of board games based on videogames (yea most of them do suck because I think those board games were more of a cash cow than anything) I used to have the Super Mario Bros board game lol. I remember I bought it from K-Mart.Yea it sucked but at the height of Nintendomania it was very cool.

One of my cousins had the Popeye boardgame. That one was really awful. Like what's the point? Why have the boardgame when you can just play the actual game? lol

@ Miss2600..... yea the Donkey Kong cereal was basically just Cap'n Crunch.

Pacman cereal was just Kix cereal with marshmallows too.

Oh, and you need one of these :DeBay Auction -- Item Number: 2206683868081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220668386808&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

LOL! That thing is kinda cool - but too modern. Only really care about the vintage DK Stuff :)

Just bought a stack of Concerts on Blu-Ray from Amazon, but might have to put another order in for those DK cards. Had no idea some still had those brand new! Awesome.

Edited by save2600

Here are my DK cards. I keep them in a binder. They made a little mini poster when pieced together. They sold a lot of these sets on eBay really cheap a few years ago. They may be still available.

post-2105-128518866206_thumb.jpg

post-2105-128518868091_thumb.jpg

post-2105-128518869145_thumb.jpg

They also had scratch off games like Pac-Man cards and also had a few cards for DK Jr., Frogger, Turbo and Zaxxon with scratch off cards. They pieced together to make smaller pin-ups on the back. The scratch off cards do not scratch off anymore. Too bad, because they look like fun games. If I had a bunch of extras, I'd play them.

post-2105-128518870201_thumb.jpg

post-2105-128518871552_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I remember the cereal and you're right. Pretty bland and they'd hurt the roof of your mouth if you weren't careful. lol

In the mid 90's, there was a promotion that involved a brand new DK watch. You saved up the UPC symbols off of something (can't remember), sent a $10 check and was supposed to receive this watch. I did all of those things, but ended up getting my letter back with an explanation claiming they had run out. :(

And no... no DK bubblegum stickers here. I have a bunch of Pac-Man ones now though, thanks to a recent donation.

I actually have a few of the UPC's still (from the original cereal, my Dad ALWAYS saved these from every cereal in the 80's). They are in a box somewhere, would have to locate them but if you want them for your collection (or anybody else does) just let me know and you can have them. I have some Donkey Kong JR ones also.

• 9 years later...