IGNORED

Classic Gaming Quarterly

• 3 weeks later...

CGQ's sister website, The Gravis Ultrasound Archives, just got its forums installed today. CGQ will most likely never have forums since there are plenty of classic gaming forums out there, but where else can you go to talk about the greatest sound card of all time?

Exactly.

Chris

http://www.gravisultrasound.com/

Anthony Norcia takes a look at Kid Chameleon on the Genesis - Sega's first attempt to come up with a Mario-like mascot.

http://www.cgquarterly.com/articles/kid_chameleon.htm

And if you haven't yet, please subscribe to our RSS feed and become a fan on Facebook!

Thanks for reading,

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am very happy to have our own StanJr as part of the CGQ team. Please check out his first article for us here. It's a really interesting read and definitely worth your time.

Also, if you haven't done so already, please consider subscribing to our RSS feed, or "like" us on Facebook.

It was a slow summer, but I am hoping that the content level will start to pick up now.

Thanks for reading,

Chris

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Rise from the dead!!!

Not really, but I haven't updated the site in a while. I just reviewed "Pinball Arcade" for the iPad in our "Modern Classics" section, and posted three new NES reviews, all of baseball games. As always, the link to the site is in my sig.

Thanks,

Chris

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cool site! I just read your Midnight Magic review and you mentioned not being able to operate the flippers independently (that it's one or the other or both at once). If I remember correctly, you can plug in the paddle controllers and, using one in each hand, use the fire buttons to operate the flippers. Although, programmatically, I'm not sure if the code allows for independent operation. Worth a shot though! The only reason I know this is the box shows the hands holding paddles and I'd thought I'd try it out back in the day.

Chuck: Thanks! Someone actually complained to me that I review too many sports games, but first of all I love old sports games, and second most people don't review them because they aren't as sexy as reviews of A-list titles, hidden gems, and truly bad games that can be dumped on. So I appreciate your appreciation!

Emehr: I will have to try that, it sounds awesome! If it works, I will adjust my review accordingly. I was actually getting ready to do a video review of Midnight Magic, so this is a timely development!

Thanks, guys!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...