IGNORED

How much is Ghostbusters II (CIB) & Rampage (w/ box) for Atari 2600 worth?

Troglodyte

Hi,

I recently came across a copy of Ghostbusters II and Rampage for the Atari 2600 on eBay in a lot and I purchased it.

The seller was based in the UK, and the games have now arrived at my location in the US.

I purchased the games since I am a Ghostbusters fan, and I never saw a copy of Ghostbusters II for the Atari 2600.

I didn't even know that the game existed until recently, so I quickly purchased the lot. It appears that this game

was only released in Europe, as described on AtariAge's official Atari 2600 Rarity Guide. The game came complete

with its original manual and box; however the game is not sealed. The box and the cartridge are identical to the

one's featured on the Rarity Guide. The box states that it was made in Germany by Salu, so this version is

identical to the one featured.

As for the Rampage game; I am not sure how to tell if this is the PAL or NTSC version or even if a PAL version exists.

The box appears identical to the one featured on AtariAge's official Atari 2600 Rarity Guide. It did not come with a

manual however. Interestingly, the cartridge itself is not like the one shown in the picture; instead it is the

"standard" text only on white paper background as seen on the Ghostbusters II cartridge. I can not seem

to find any information on this variant.

Depending on the value of these items; I may be interested in reselling them. I will probably resell the Rampage

game regardless, as I have little interest in it. Even though I am a Rampage fan, I don't collect these variants

and the box art is also almost identical to the IBM PC version I have CIB. As for the Ghostbusters II game; if

this item isn't worth all that much; I will probably keep it for nostalgia and display. If not very rare, it at least

seems to be a unique item.

Does anyone know the true monetary value of these items? Interestingly, the AtariAge Rarity Guide, lists the

Ghostbusters II game as less rare than the Rampage game (the normal variant). I find this hard to believe if

the Ghostbusters II game was only released in Europe.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Troglodyte

If your Rampage cart looks the same as the one shown on AA, then it's NTSC:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-rampage_11587.html

Ghostbusters II is indeed rarer.

Please know that two different PAL versions of Ghostbusters II exist:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-ghostbusters-ii_7333.html

Don't know about the proper value.

8)

• 2 weeks later...