IGNORED

Lynx HSC - 2nd half of February 2010 Awesome Golf

atari2600land

Sorry it couldn't be Alpine Games. I decided against it because the ROM isn't available anywhere. So it's time to strap on your golf shoes and play Awesome Golf, the American course. Settings are: Game Type: Medal, 9 holes, wind: none. So, for 14 days it's the low score club! Post your lowest scores here (sorry for those still stuck in the snow). This'll be interesting, wonder if Eric is any good at this game. This contest ends Feb. 28 at 11:59pm Pacific.

current leaderboard:

-Eric DeLee - 29

-Battlezone - 28

-darthkur - 23

-Atari Smeghead - 17

-roadrunner - 16

-Horst -12

-atari2600land - 12

-madbutscher - 6

low scores (not high, as usual!):

-Damon Plus - 27

-Horst 30

-Battlezone 40

-Eric DeLee 43

-atari2600land 43

-roadrunner 56

Edited by atari2600land

Dang it! LOL

Off all Lynx games, I'd have to say that this one is one of the ones that frustrated me the most when I first started collected them.

So... the answer is no. LOL I fully expect to lose this one! The last golf game i was remotely good at was one that I used to play on Sega.

Pebble Beach or something.

My first try

This game is actually easier if you turn the wind on to a slight breeze. I think my best 18 holes was a 62.

Crap! I have a lot of work to do. I played three games tonight:

:(

I can't figure out the putting all that well and that is costing me 4 or so strokes.

My first try

This game is actually easier if you turn the wind on to a slight breeze. I think my best 18 holes was a 62.

Crap! I have a lot of work to do. I played three games tonight:

:(

I can't figure out the putting all that well and that is costing me 4 or so strokes.

Putting is tough, I usually turn the Lynx to line up my shot, the break left or right doesn't matter too much. But makes a huge difference if you are going uphill. Took me ages to figure it out but once you do you'll understand.

I can't believe it... Before reading the thread, first thing I tought was "Hey, wouldn´t it be cool if we played Awesome Golf? It would be a different HSC thread"

One of my favorite games, I'm trying this for sure.

First try

16022010.jpg

Not bad, but I made some mistakes in 2 holes that cost me some tries

Second try

16022010_001.jpg

Whoohooo!! Awesome run, with 4 eagles in the first 5 holes, and all of the others with a PAR.

Third try

16022010_002.jpg

The image speaks for itself. 8 Eagles, and only a small mistake has made me make a Par on hole 8. I don't know if I`ll try again, because this would be hardly beatable for me (9 Eagles or somewhat using a hit less on the longer holes).

Edited by Damon Plus

This is my very first time playing this game through 9 holes. I wonder why after 9, it goes to a 10th hole to choose even though you specifically said you wanted to play 9. Anyway, my first score is 45.

I suggest we change from a practice round to a medal round. In a practice round you can play the same hole over and over again until you get a better score. Medal round you can only play each hole once.

I have a little question: Why is that sometimes, while you're in the fairway, and you get a 90-100% hit,the ball seems to go a little less strong than it should be?

Are you using woods on the fairway? They don't work very well unless you are on the tee. Also do not work at all from the rough, which isn't very realistic.

The score i posted yesterday i played the wrong course. I played the UK not American course.

This time i played American.

I still ended up with the same score 56

Now i just need to play the American course on Medal and not Practice.

post-22103-126636147392_thumb.png

The other courses are A LOT harder :)

I have a little question: Why is that sometimes, while you're in the fairway, and you get a 90-100% hit,the ball seems to go a little less strong than it should be?

Are you using woods on the fairway? They don't work very well unless you are on the tee. Also do not work at all from the rough, which isn't very realistic.

So, I have to use Iron almost always?. What I don't understand is that sometimes Wooden seems to be fairly exact, but about 40%of the time it doesn't and you end up short of what you were trying.

Also, 26 hits is possible (making 9 eagles). Then, without aid from the wind, would be possible to get at least 1 or 2 hits less?

Edited by Damon Plus

So, I have to use Iron almost always?. What I don't understand is that sometimes Wooden seems to be fairly exact, but about 40%of the time it doesn't and you end up short of what you were trying.

Also, 26 hits is possible (making 9 eagles). Then, without aid from the wind, would be possible to get at least 1 or 2 hits less?

A Birdie is 1 under par. An Eagle is 2 under par. An Albatross is 3 under par. An Ace is one shot into the hole or a hole in 1.

Woods are inconsistent from the fairway, so yes use your 1 iron from the fairway if you can.

No the game is FAR easier with wind, you can drive over 300 yards with the wind at your back. My best score on 18 holes is 62(wish I took a pic of that!), so 10 under par. But yes it is possible to get a birdie on every single hole and at least 2 eagles.

edit: I may not be the best at this game but I sure do love it! My avatar is proof of that :D

Edited by Horst

How embarrasing... That would show how much I know of golf :P Didn't notice your avatar was Chips. Also, I love the Bogey reference in this game. If I'm not mistaken, it refers to Humprey Bogart, right?

I'll try again if I can beat that score.

I'm pretty sure its Humphrey Bogart :)

• 2 weeks later...