IGNORED

FoReM-PC BBS Program

Triads

Maybe someone out there could help me out finding this software.. It's called FoReM-PC and its a port of the FoReM-ST BBS program by Matt Singer.. I've been looking for this it seems forever.. Its just one of those programs thats fallen thru the cracks..
Also anyone who has any 8-Bit Atari BBS's on disk or atr would be appreciated too..

Please PM me with any information,
Thanks for looking.

For anyone that may think they have it in their basement, attic or tucked away somewhere, I will offer $$ for your time to retrieve it.

Edited by Triads

Maybe someone out there could help me out finding this software.. It's called FoReM-PC and its a port of the FoReM-ST BBS program by Matt Singer.. I've been looking for this it seems forever.. Its just one of those programs thats fallen thru the cracks.. More than likely its on a DOS formatted 5.25 disk.

Also anyone who has any 8-Bit Atari BBS's on disk or atr would be appreciated too..

Please PM me with any information,

Thanks for looking.

If I remember right you can get FoReM BBS over at the BBS Documentary website... yeah here it is http://www.bbsdocumentary.com/software/ATARI/ST/FOREMST/ they have the Atari implementation and the MSDOS implementation there.

I really miss the BBS days, don't get me wrong, the Internet is great, but the "feel" of the BBS days just had something magical. I ran a few back in the late 1980's and the early 1990's and even wrote some BBS software when a friend bet me I couldn't write a BBS that was constructed by at least 90% batch files which could fit on and run off of a floppy disc on a PC.

So I wrote a system I called PocketBBS and ran it for a year in Washington state off of a 720k 5-1/4" floppy disk under the name Crystal Caverns. It was complete with download area and even an implementation of TradeWars.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I wish it was that easy, just to go to BBS Documentary and download it, however, im looking for FoReM-PC, not ST.. The MS-DOS section has an entry for FoReM, they dont have it.. Thanks for the reply though icon_smile.gif

I noticed before that they do have a file in the FoReM ST section that appears to be a version of FoReM-PC for the Supercharger for the ST, along with a filename of msdos401.zip, which is probably a copy of MSDOS 4.01 for use with the Supercharger, as it contains a .ST file. This is obviously what the-topdog was referring to. That is likely a straight-vanilla MSDOS version of FoReM-PC, since the Supercharger ran unmodified MSDOS software on the ST.

Reason there's an MSDOS disk is because when you setup Fnet with FoReM-ST you need a CLI that can execute batch files so Fnet can pass users off to the BBS and run mail tossers. Fnet being defunct though you probably could run FoReM-ST without a CLI/.BAT file.

I've never seen a version of Friends of Rick e. Moose for the PC. I know there's a Forum-PC which was SUPER popular, so much so that it spawned like 20 different spin-off BBS programs (I think the original source was readily available).

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

BUMP: I just found a new sources (at least to me on the internet archives, seems to be that if you type in BBS into the search box, you get over 12000 cds full of BBS software , BBS's that have been newly archived and just about everything including  a copy of Carina II 2.7 or 2.8 with manual for the Atari8 bit. 

Who knows what there may be in this repository, I am checking now but it is just too big a job for 1 person to do, there are so many BBS's that have been archived, Forem PC , yes I did find a Forem PC that was written by Matt Singer, its in my downloads somewhere with full documentation.

I will be online here for a while if anyone has any questions, but I will take a look at that Forem PC copy that I downloaded first.

Russ Campbell