IGNORED

Weekly contest for best comments...

the-topdog

I wanted to propose a contest to the people here at AtariAge. I have a new site I am trying to get noticed by the search engines. The best way to do this quickly is with reviews and comments on the games I have showcased.

One of the systems I have loaded is my Atari 2600 Vader and various Atari 2600 games and accessories, which fits in quite well here at AA.

To enter this contest all you have to do is goto http://www.geekvintage.com and post comments or reviews for any vintage software or hardware title. For example, if you goto the Atari 2600 Xenophobe page http://www.geekvintage.com/atari-2600-cartridge-xenophobe.php and post your personal comments or a review of the game using your AA member name (so I know who is participating) and then post in this topic which titles you reviewed.

On Sunday each week, a disinterested 3rd party (that would be my wife, she is REALLY disinterested in my gaming collection), will look at all of the comments received for the week and select the best one. The winner each week can select a prize from the prize pool listed below (I will be adding more prizes and pictures of the prizes soon). This contest will go on until I have no more prizes to give away.

There will be no shortage of items to comment on as I still have over 125 systems and accessories and a couple thousand games to load onto my site... and I have dozens of Atari 2600 and 8-Bit Atari items to list.

PRIZE POOL

(1x) CIB Atari 2600 Racer Limited Edition (#22)

(1x) Loose Atari 2600 Miner 2049er Volume II game cartridge

(1x) $25 Gift Certificate to the AtariAge Store

(1x) Boxed Commodore 16 Computer

(1x) CIB Mattel Electronic D&D Computer Labyrinth Game

(1x) Loose Vectrex 3D Crazy Coaster game cartridge

(1x) Box of 12 new Universal Game Cases (clear)

Edited by the-topdog

Made a comment myself on the Zaxxon Coleco tabletop game....I had one of these as a kid. :)

I like the site too and it is now booked mark and i plan doing some more comments over there as well.

I will have to give a "Cheap Plug" on my next podcast too if that would be ok with you?

Thanks! Your comments so far have been great, especially the Splatterhouse one.

I'd love a cheap plug on your podcast :D I'd love to hear your podcast, where would I go to listen?

Edited by the-topdog

Made a comment myself on the Zaxxon Coleco tabletop game....I had one of these as a kid. :)

I like the site too and it is now booked mark and i plan doing some more comments over there as well.

I will have to give a "Cheap Plug" on my next podcast too if that would be ok with you?

I'd love a cheap plug on your podcast :D I'd love to hear your podcast, where would I go to listen?

You can hear my podcast right here.....

http://gameblips.mypodcast.com/

Nothing fancy but it is some me and my Dalum find fun to do let me know how you like it. :)

Edited by jboypacman

Gave your site a "cheap plug" on our upcoming show it should be up in a few days. :)

Week one's contest is over and there were some great reviews and comments. My wife was torn between two reviews...

Cebus Capucinis' Atari Joyboard Review

and

Jboypacman's Coleco Zaxxon Review

She finally decided on Cebus! So Cebus, pick an item from the prize pool, and on to week two of the contest!

Week one's contest is over and there were some great reviews and comments. My wife was torn between two reviews...

Cebus Capucinis' Atari Joyboard Review

and

Jboypacman's Coleco Zaxxon Review

She finally decided on Cebus! So Cebus, pick an item from the prize pool, and on to week two of the contest!

Woot! Way to go Cebus! Congrats buddy. :)

2nd week is already in full swing... reviews are rolling in. The prize pool is now...

PRIZE POOL

A bonus will be awarded to the winner of week two if he/she also gives input on my Atari 2600 Robotron 2084 homebrew project.

WOOHOO! Jboy is gonna be the next winner I guarantee it! :thumbsup:

I chose the CIB Racer Limited Edition. :D

Thanks CC we will have to wait and see but am really enjoying leaving comments on the site i think it is fantastic place to go to and am glad i can contribute something to it. :)

Got to support stuff like this and help out our fellow classic/vintage gamers/collectors when we can.

Edited by jboypacman

**Update**

PRIZE POOL

(1x) Loose Vectrex 3D Minestorm game cartridge

(1x) Loose Mattel Aquarius Computer

A bonus will be awarded to the winner of week two if he/she also gives input on my Atari 2600 Robotron 2084 homebrew project.

After consulting with Wife v1.0 aka disinterested 3rd party about the entries for week two. I found that this week was even closer than last week. She was literally torn between jboypacman's Atari 2600 Pole Position review http://www.geekvintage.com/atari-2600-cartridge-pole-position.php and save2600's Atari 2600 Tutankham review http://www.geekvintage.com/atari-2600-cartridge-tutankham.php

She loved save2600's detailed description and the story from his youth, but she said she could literally see jboypacman jumping up and down with excitement. She went back and fourth a few times and said "If I HAVE to choose just one, then jboypacman. But they were both great." ...and the honorable mention goes out to Cebus over at Monkey Labs who came close to scoring a second win as well.

So I'm going to break the rules here a bit since this one was so close. Jboypacman is the winner and can choose from the prize pool... but since this one was so close, save2600 gets to choose a prize from the list as well after jboypacman makes his choice.

These were great reviews and I want to thank everyone who participated this week and I look forward to seeing what everyone can come up with for week 3! I will be adding new Atari 2600 games this week.

After consulting with Wife v1.0 aka disinterested 3rd party about the entries for week two. I found that this week was even closer than last week. She was literally torn between jboypacman's Atari 2600 Pole Position review http://www.geekvintage.com/atari-2600-cartridge-pole-position.php and save2600's Atari 2600 Tutankham review http://www.geekvintage.com/atari-2600-cartridge-tutankham.php

She loved save2600's detailed description and the story from his youth, but she said she could literally see jboypacman jumping up and down with excitement. She went back and fourth a few times and said "If I HAVE to choose just one, then jboypacman. But they were both great." ...and the honorable mention goes out to Cebus over at Monkey Labs who came close to scoring a second win as well.

So I'm going to break the rules here a bit since this one was so close. Jboypacman is the winner and can choose from the prize pool... but since this one was so close, save2600 gets to choose a prize from the list as well after jboypacman makes his choice.

These were great reviews and I want to thank everyone who participated this week and I look forward to seeing what everyone can come up with for week 3! I will be adding new Atari 2600 games this week.

Woot! I won! Yes! And am picking the Miner 2049er Vol. II Atari 2600 cart as i don't have that one yet. :D

**Update**

PRIZE POOL

(1x) Loose Vectrex 3D Minestorm game cartridge

(1x) Loose Mattel Aquarius Computer

Week two was awesome, I'm looking forward to week three comments.