IGNORED

Master System HSC reloaded Round 8: My Hero

4Ks

gfs_3842_1_1.jpg

Save your girl from the punks in this smash arcade hit. A bunch of seedy punks - complete with mohawks - try to steal your girl. It's a new variation on the "Boy loses Girl" theme, only it's more like "Boy loses life, if he doesn't get Girl back". Battle knife throwers, ferocious bulldogs, flying bottles, and even the gang leader - whose name happens to be Mobikan. If it all seems helplessly overwhelming, take heart. You're a high-ranking kung fu master. So you do have incredible martial arts skills in your favor. But then again, you don't have your girl. The punks do.

Deadline for scores is 12:00am, Febuary 5 2010.

Hints and Tips: Get an extra 2 HSC points for giving us your best tips

Tip 1: Always jump-kick. Especially on the boss. Also, it's good to note that you get a free life every time you complete a round regardless of score. Austin

Current HSC Points:

Austin 42

4Ks 24

roadrunner 24

JibbaJabba 20

Sonic R 16

zylon 14

JayWI 14

dathkur 12

Edited by 4Ks

The best tip I can offer in this game is to wait a little at each clear area and kill the endless respawned enemies for awhile to pump up score.

Or, you can wait by the second park bench on first screen. Kill the guy coming at you and the guy behind you. If you don't pass the bench, only the rear guy respawns. Press button2 about every 2 seconds or so and you can have any score you want if you have time. That may be "cheating" but it's impossible to prove and is why I recommended not playing this. It's full of such bugs.

The best tip I can offer in this game is to wait a little at each clear area and kill the endless respawned enemies for awhile to pump up score.

Or, you can wait by the second park bench on first screen. Kill the guy coming at you and the guy behind you. If you don't pass the bench, only the rear guy respawns. Press button2 about every 2 seconds or so and you can have any score you want if you have time. That may be "cheating" but it's impossible to prove and is why I recommended not playing this. It's full of such bugs.

That's called spawn camping, and it's not allowed. This issue has been dicussed in the Commando round of the 7800 HSC, and people pretty much agreed that spawn camping qualifies as cheating, and should therefore not be allowed.

That's called spawn camping, and it's not allowed. This issue has been dicussed in the Commando round of the 7800 HSC, and people pretty much agreed that spawn camping qualifies as cheating, and should therefore not be allowed.

In that case, I stopped every couple screens and pumped about 5k each time so my score may be out. I'm definitely tossing this game though.

My score is 150,420.

Yeah, it isn't physically possible to get much more than 150k by the halfway point of the second level unless you are purposely spawn-killing.

Might I add, this game is ridiculously difficult. I can see why so many people dislike it.. I personally was enjoying it--despite the difficulty--until the frogs in the second half of stage two.

Tips: Always jump-kick. Especially on the boss. Also, it's good to note that you get a free life every time you complete a round regardless of score. :thumbsup:

post-24675-126711769918_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austin