IGNORED

Where's a reliable place to get circuit boards repaired?

Room 34

I have a pinball machine (Taxi by Williams, 1988) that, mechanically, works great, but has some circuit board problems.

Basically, when I got it, I wasn't aware that someone had installed all the wrong fuses in it (most of them were 7 amp slo-blo, even though lots of ths circuits required fuses with a much lower rating). Before long, resistors started frying, and now most of the score display and sounds don't work.

I have replaced all of the fuses, and the game is still playable, but it is much less fun without all of the display and sounds working.

I have tried contacting various places in Atlanta that claim to do pinball board repair, but I can't get them to reply to my e-mails. I've heard about a place in Texas that sounds good, called Two Bits, but I am a little nervous about packing up my boards and shipping them off to Texas.

Has anyone dealt with Two Bits before and can verify their reliability? Or do you know of anyone else I should trust (preferrably in Atlanta or elsewhere nearby)? Thanks!

The company that i woked for used to deal with a distributor that I believe was in Atlanta. Yep they are. (just looked it up). Greater Southern Distributing. Unfotunately I don't have their phone #, but I do have the address. 2164 Marrietta Blvd. Atlanta, Ga. 30318. It's been a couple of years since I dealt with them. Don't even know if they're still around. But maybe you can look em up. If that doesn't pan uot let me know. I'll make a few calls and see if I can find someone.

The company that i woked for used to deal with a distributor that I believe was in Atlanta. Yep they are. (just looked it up). Greater Southern Distributing. Unfotunately I don't have their phone #, but I do have the address. 2164 Marrietta Blvd. Atlanta, Ga. 30318. It's been a couple of years since I dealt with them. Don't even know if they're still around. But maybe you can look em up. If that doesn't pan uot let me know. I'll make a few calls and see if I can find someone.

Thanks! It is great to know that I might be able to find a good place locally to get this work done.