IGNORED

Color Issue.. anyone else?

yuppicide

I have a Harmony Cart running with the latest BIOS.. have a 4GB SDHC card, running on a Sears Telegames using the RF to coax adapter.

When I start up my Harmony, sometimes everything is black and white. The yin yang symbol, the menu. 2 or 3 seconds later the menu colors come up and the cartridge works fine.

If I happen to start a game before the colors come up, the game will play in black and white.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this even an issue with Harmony or more likely my Atari?

Is this even an issue with Harmony or more likely my Atari?

It's either the console or the TV.

When the color goes away, try changing the TV to another channel then back again. If that fixes it every time, that's all it is -- the TV is not getting the signal tuned correctly on the first try. To work around it in that case, when you first start a gaming session, always turn the TV on or select the channel AFTER you turn on the console.

If that doesn't work, the main possibility within the console would be the chroma delay pot. When the picture goes black and white, is there any color at all? Usually if the color adjustment goes out, everything turns B&W, EXCEPT most things that are yellow stay yellow.

Edited by A.J. Franzman