IGNORED

MCGG Meeting Schedule

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man, I just missed the October meeting! This is what I get for not checking Atariage's forums very often or very thoroughly.

Hopefully another one happens in November or December. I have a few classic gaming friends myself who would be interested in attending as well; we had been talking about putting together our own classic gaming night, but with Robotron's passing we haven't really figured out where to do it. This kind of fills that need, haha.

On a Marvin's related note, I wrote this up a while back.

http://www.infinitelives.net/2009/12/30/the-man-behind-the-gears-marvins-marvelous-mechanical-museum/

Hi,

January sounds good to me. I'd offer up my place EXCEPT it's a mess. Two houses worth of stuff crammed into one.

Harry

you just need to sell some of those homebrew atari carts to me....! that will free up some space...

Removing my entire videogame collection would add standing room for 2 people, but that kind of defeats the purpose of gaming at my place though. :roll:

I hope to attend the next one! been busy with work as of late and hadn't had much time for gaming :(

on a side note, I may be hosting a small get together in early December to coincide with the release of DDP DFK… for folks whom are interested in Japanese shooters are welcome to come by. we also play a variety of other games as well… Ubersaurus was in attendance and brought along some 7800 goodies :)

• 2 weeks later...

What if we hosted a party up here in Midland...say February March time next year...? Would anyone attend..granted Jboy and I would have to decide whos house to have it at and the details, but it would be a further drive for everyone to go....different gaming area for sure?

We could eat in Saginaw and hit the local game shop there..There are like 4 we could just travel to and check out what the mid Michigan retail shops look like....then we could head to Midland and have the get together at my place? Assuming I get my wife to tidy up a bit...lol

Just thought I would throw it out...I been to Chad's and Matt's...they did a great job hosting...thought Jboy and I could go in together on a hosting of such....if you are reading this, I have not conferred with Jboy, so if you pm, he knows nothing about this.....yet.....icon_lol.gif

The only problem i have with this is the size of my house....Its way too small but however i know Mister Leach has a nice basement "gaming area" that i could help him finish cleaning/set-up which would be perfect for such a great event. icon_mrgreen.gif

We can ditch the dead bodies at your place finallY?

The only problem i have with this is the size of my house....Its way too small but however i know Mister Leach has a nice basement "gaming area" that i could help him finish cleaning/set-up which would be perfect for such a great event. icon_mrgreen.gif

We can ditch the dead bodies at your place finallY?

There just all of the wife's ex-boyfriends. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to pop in and point out that apparently Pinball Pete's is going for a classic gaming mecca or something, since they keep lugging machines in nice condition out of storage and setting them up for a quarter a game. Over the past month they've set up Donkey Kong, Tron, Outrun, Contra, Street Fighter II (and a Champion Edition bootleg), and have been doing general maintenance on the games they've got around the place.

I think a smaller gathering is an idea up at the arcade at some point, put those machines through their paces :P

The riff raff are what keep the place in business! Back in the the 80s arcades were basically a hive of scum and villainy where kids could smoke fight and drink and the places made tons of money.

Obviously there are a lot of reasons that %90 of all arcades are dead in the US, but it is interesting that they got a lot cleaner towards the end, and it didn't help.