IGNORED

Missile Command sound issue

Wiffer

I love the Harmony Cart and it works awesome, but I noticed in the Missile Command game that the sound for the explosion plays for a lot longer than it does in the real cartridge.

When you get playing and send up a lot of missiles, then the explosion sound is all you ever hear.

I updated my cart to the latest firmware (1.04), but the sound issue is still there.

Does anyone else notice this? Is this something that can be fixed in a future firmware update?

Thanks!

I love the Harmony Cart and it works awesome, but I noticed in the Missile Command game that the sound for the explosion plays for a lot longer than it does in the real cartridge. When you get playing and send up a lot of missiles, then the explosion sound is all you ever hear. I updated my cart to the latest firmware (1.04), but the sound issue is still there. Does anyone else notice this? Is this something that can be fixed in a future firmware update?

Thanks!

I don't think this is an issue with the Harmony cart - it sounds more like a bad ROM image. Can you upload (or link) the ROM that you are using here?

Chris

I love the Harmony Cart and it works awesome, but I noticed in the Missile Command game that the sound for the explosion plays for a lot longer than it does in the real cartridge. When you get playing and send up a lot of missiles, then the explosion sound is all you ever hear. I updated my cart to the latest firmware (1.04), but the sound issue is still there. Does anyone else notice this? Is this something that can be fixed in a future firmware update?

Thanks!

I don't think this is an issue with the Harmony cart - it sounds more like a bad ROM image. Can you upload (or link) the ROM that you are using here?

Chris

Sure can. I have attached the rom that I was using. I hope that maybe that is the issue. Thanks.

MISLCMD.BIN

I did try my rom in a emulator and it sounds perfect. So, I hope there is nothing wrong with my cart? All the other games I have tested so far seem fine, but I have only played a couple of dozen games so far.

Strange - the ROM works fine on my Harmony cart, with no obvious sound issues. Do you have another TV that you can try it with?

Chris

I did try my rom in a emulator and it sounds perfect. So, I hope there is nothing wrong with my cart? All the other games I have tested so far seem fine, but I have only played a couple of dozen games so far.

Strange - the ROM works fine on my Harmony cart, with no obvious sound issues. Do you have another TV that you can try it with?

Chris

Thanks for the help and I solved the problem. I have a modified Atari with S-Video and that is the one I was using when it gave me the sound issue with Missile Command. I put my Harmony Cart into another one of my unmodified Atari's and the game played the sound perfectly. So, I guess I will have to look into why my modified Atari is doing this and if I can fix it?