IGNORED

Help me on a bug hunt please...

You won't believe this... but you have a space in the word CALL in line 260. For some reason, that is causing the prescanner to report an out of memory error. :)

Oh, too late.

I think you should have left it. It's a non-intuitive error that may help others :)

Edited by Tursi

You won't believe this... but you have a space in the word CALL in line 260. For some reason, that is causing the prescanner to report an out of memory error. :)

Oh, too late.

I think you should have left it. It's a non-intuitive error that may help others :)

My secret shame... fellow 99'er and friend calls me up one day and says "Hey.... how were you spelling that coincidence subprogram in Extended BASIC?"

"CONIC ... Oh. Crap."

Adamantyr

Glad I'm not the only one, Adam. :)

I had a CALL SPRITE that wrapped over to the next line, and actually read "C ALL SPRITE". As soon as I looked at the code pasted into the forum here, I saw the error.

If I can get the graphics drawn and get the movement to work right, I'll post some pics of this game later today. It's a pretty simple 'walk down the screen as it scrolls upward with PRINT statements' deal, but with gold to collect and monsters to fight, and increasing difficulty levels. It's not gonna be an all-time classic, but it should fit in 30 lines.