IGNORED

Genesis Controller's Wiggin' Out On Me.

GregadetH

I've got a Competition Pro SG-6 six button controller made by HoneyBee. It's pretty much the main controller I use when playing my Genny. Yesterday, It started pausing from the z button and nothing else. The d-pad works fine. I cleaned all the contacts and it still does it. The rubber's still nice and springy and hasn't hardened up or cracked. Any ideas as to what's goin' on in there?

There's a tiny I.C. in there that may have fried. Sometimes unplugging and plugging back in a logic based controller while the console is on can cause this. Especially if you've got the system or control pad near a static charged scenario such as plush carpeting.

There's a tiny I.C. in there that may have fried. Sometimes unplugging and plugging back in a logic based controller while the console is on can cause this. Especially if you've got the system or control pad near a static charged scenario such as plush carpeting.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Is there a way to physically tell if it's fried?

I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Is there a way to physically tell if it's fried?

Not physically, usually no. But the symptoms sure seem to indicate that's what happened. Did you plug in a regular Genny controller and verify it's not the consoles fault? If the Honeybee is fried, you could always just rewire it and use it as a simple gamepad for another console.

Don't know that specific controller, but have seen some controllers go from blown fuses/resistors over the years. There is usually at least one resistor on the controller's PCB. A multi-tester should allow you to diagnose if this is the case with yours.

Don't know that specific controller, but have seen some controllers go from blown fuses/resistors over the years. There is usually at least one resistor on the controller's PCB. A multi-tester should allow you to diagnose if this is the case with yours.

That's a great idea. I'll check that out later today. Thanks!