IGNORED

Atlanta Area Classic Video Game Meeting

Rob Mitchell

It would really be nice to meet my fellow Atari fans in the Atlanta area. I don't have a big game collection but I do have videos I can share (Stella @ 20, footage from CGE2K2 and CGE2K1) and some old 8-bit games we could play. Some of these I haven't seen on the net anywhere.

Any of you interested in programming the 2600 or 5200? I've got some 6502 books too.

Another attraction would be both Rob and I have Cuttle Carts so we can play a massive amount of 2600 games on the real console :!: I also have a Supercharger for those that have been looking for one. I haven't used it since I got my CC so I don't know if it still works.

So what do you say?

It would really be nice to meet my fellow Atari fans in the Atlanta area.

Yes! Well I have a Vectrex setup that rivals none! And my supermodified Atari 2600 is way cool! Plus my Bally Astrocade is worth showing off.

There's enough of a crowd in Atlanta to have a pretty good meeting.

Rob Mitchell, I-85N and Clairmont.

Rob and others --

Keep me posted. I live in Tallahassee and I would be willing to drive. You guys sound like you have some great stuff to show and I would like to meet some people and ask then some mod and emulation questions. Would it also be a trade/swap meet because that would be fun? It might be too far for me, but I love the Coke museum :).

Take care and I hope it works out!

RG

Looks to be sometime in early December .. Maybe we need to have some earlier coffeehouse meetings to get to know eachother and plan a location ..

Rob Mitchell, I-85 & Clairmont.

I'm okay with that. We just need a central location. I don't know Atlanta that well. I kind of stay North of the city all the time. Do you have any suggestions? You name it, give me enough notice, and I'm there :D

• 3 weeks later...

Dennis Debro and I (and probably some other gamers) are getting together tomorrow night, Thursday evening (12-Dec-02) for a brief talk about what we can do to get a classic gaming group together. This will be just a "face to face," "get to know you" meeting. Location and time to be announced later today. Kennesaw area ..

Rob Mitchell, I-85 & Clairmont, Atlanta, GA

Location and time to be announced later today. Kennesaw area ..

We are meeting at the Starbucks in the shopping area outside Town Center Mall in Kennesaw. It's right next to Rio Bravo. As suggested by Rob, I'll use a common cart for a coster :) I'l be there at 7:00 pm and Rob will coming later.

Here is the address and phone number:

I-75 & Barrett Pkwy

440 Ernest Barrett Parkway

Kennesaw, GA 30144

United States

(770) 427-9712

If you need directions you can find them through this link to MapQuest.

Hope to see you there.